Who Is Hali Fishing Tomorrow?

Saturday report- 1big hangover, several naps. I hope those who got out were more productive!

halibut fishing

was fishing last wensday off Sidney got a 35 lb + halibut 50 lb + skate and lost 2 other bites was a good day

Attachments

• SDC12763.jpg
    SDC12763.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,076
  • SDC12764.jpg
    SDC12764.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,088
Salty-dog
How long does it take you to get to Darcy Isl.

Thank's
Tony

Sorry about the late reply. We put in at Crofton and motored down to the area between Sidney and Darcy Islands. It took almost precisely an hour each direction. The water was flat so we made decent time. Once there, we waffled around trying different areas, depths, baits and lures. This was the first trip I've ever had that was entirely in vain- usually something gets boated but not this time.. Not even a bite, strike, or sighting.

was fishing last wensday off Sidney got a 35 lb + halibut 50 lb + skate and lost 2 other bites was a good day

Excellent fish !! What depth were you at and what bait/lure used? Trolling or jigging?

halibut fishing

Excellent fish !! What depth were you at and what bait/lure used? Trolling or jigging?

I anchor and stick it out I prefer for low slack is better for me produce way better herring and macro seem to work better right now but you never know always bring a lots of choice of bait since they change fast at time .

I fish sharp ledge 150 ft 220 ft and even at time 450ft just study a good gps and you will see good drop off but I best advice is stick it out until the boat turn around could be there all day and at time everything happened on the turn and other time is one here one there during the ebb, but by changing place you just waste all the time to put scent out there and than leave eg: got a friend that get very inpatient so will leave after a few hrs and move somewhere else well I stick to it and at time get fish just after he leave, happened so many time again got to wait until the boat turn around.

got this one Friday over 50 lb

Attachments

• SDC12813.jpg
    SDC12813.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 536
  • SDC12814.jpg
    SDC12814.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 534
Made quick work in 1.5 hrs
a6unyzu7.jpg

Good job Fishtank. I was just heading after you pulled your boat. You must catch lots of halibut or were tired from high fiving previously, cause you didn't look too excited when I saw you.

We hit Haro Strait from 11-3, but no luck. There were lots of boats, but I would guess there wasn't much catching going on, because boats were pulling anchor and moving, or drifting.

that's encouraging. That will keep him coming back.

Thanks for that link,rf.That's a good addition to the other current tables I already use. And yes ,thanks to you, Jeff, for
adding that area to your site.

Back