Who builds pods around nanaimo?

Going to rip out the volvo inboard pretty soon and i want to have a pod built. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the nanaimo area? I'm not interrested in any back yard builders that think they know what they are doing. Has to be a reputable shop. I see adds on used vic for pods but those are south island and was wondering if there's a good place closer to nanaimo or not.

You might also see if there is a local dealer for Armstrong brackets (see -http://www.armstrongnautical.com/brackets.htm) Armstrong's are used by a number of boat manufacturers. You might find that a stock bracket would do what you need.

Go see the guys in Whiskey Creek; if you need a basic one made; they do good work and are quick. If you are looking for something to regain floatation or a hull extension I would suggest talking to Mike at NW boats in Victoria; again he is quick and does awesome work as you can see in the boats he and his brother make.

i have seen some really nice aluminum ones built buy greg bellavance. bellavance welding 250-537-4411 saltspring island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go see the guys in Whiskey Creek; if you need a basic one made; they do good work and are quick.

I would second this. They know boats and are good welders. I can make them and weld them up with the best of them, but I can't design them. It takes a boat builder to this. The Whiskey Creek guys can do the floatation calculations and everything else as well. They are your closest shop.

Back