What's your mower ?

Older, 42 inch 21 horse Craftsman ride on with beer holder, can almost cut hay with it. 20 inch Husqvarna push mower for the corners and tight spots (no beer holder).

I bought a Ryobi ONE+ 18V lawnmower for my small backyard patch of grass. It takes me 8 mins or a full charge from one 4 ah battery.
I still do the edges with my trusty Stihl gas powered weed eater.

F0BD73C4-7D93-45C1-BBC0-F91463C705F0.jpeg
Just bought this JD. Now my teenager is stoked to join the landscaping team!! 25 year old Honda (still runs like a champ) self propelled for the tight spaces.

Craftsman going on about 10 years . Thing is still going strong
The old ones you got at Sears would last for years, mine lasted 21 years on the origanal oil !! fuel line rotted off it, replaced it with a Husqvarna, only half the mower the Craftsman was.

Believe me Saanich and Victoria isn't far behind and if your buying gas equipment your falling behind the times. Try selling your gas lawnmower or weed eater in a few years. You won't be able to give it away. I.ve been using e-go and stihl electric equipment for a bit. Very impressive except the battery prices.

Love my Kobalt. Wish it had a little less plastic but other than that it is flawless. The charger did die on me but was replaced under warranty. 12000 sq lot on a hill and it usually takes one swap of the batteries but due to fast charge I could probably keep going and going. I use the same battery in the weed wacker and I'm considering their chainsaw. https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordle...0-volt-21-in-self-propelled-lawn-mower-961491

I picked up a 80v Kobalt rear drive rechargeable mower that was 50% off end of last summer. So far it's great! Push button start, much quieter that the gas one, no gassy smell, one lever to adjust height. I was surprised by how loud the charger was though. Has a fan that kicks in, but it charges in less than one hour.

Actually the one Kaelc linked to is the one I got for $400.

I have a Honda push mower 22 years old which refuses to die. Next mower will definitely be a battery electric. Currently have a battery powered blower, weed eater, hedge trimmer and pole saw which I must say I love. No more stale gas draining spark plug changing nonsense and they are nice and quiet too.

Buy the higher octane and never worry about stale gas.....I run my JD, Stihl week eater, push mover and blower, never have a problem!

I picked up a 80v Kobalt rear drive rechargeable mower that was 50% off end of last summer. So far it's great! Push button start, much quieter that the gas one, no gassy smell, one lever to adjust height. I was surprised by how loud the charger was though. Has a fan that kicks in, but it charges in less than one hour.

Actually the one Kaelc linked to is the one I got for $400.
Yeah, I got a similar price, 3 years ago down in WA in the fall I think. Wish I had found it here for $400 CAD and didn't have to use visiting a client as an excuse and a 16-hour road trip, but I love visiting marine clients and getting Tacos down south. Would recommend getting that big/dual batteries at least.

I don't always mow the big lawn, but when I do, I use the John Deere 1350

1654177480465.png

Attachments

• 1654177450479.png
    1654177450479.png
    716.2 KB · Views: 54
I have 3 acres to cut so I have a small John Deere tractor. I bought it used 20 years ago. When doing some research on a hard start problem I found out that that model was last made in 1985, so it's at least 37 years old.

I just bought a new Honda microcut twin blade mower from dealership with drive function. Very happy from having cheap mowers over the years. They sure jumped in price though omg.

I had it Briggs motors this year. My two year old Columbia lawn tracker is screwed. Still not sure what is going on. Frankly pissing me off.

Funny thing is Honda mower does better job and really isn't that much slower.
As long as your Honda is not a HRN 216 your fine 1654490154632.jpeg

I think it is one. Whats wrong with it?
They have no guard on the undercarriage to stop grass (wet grass especially) small sticks etc. from getting up in there and accumulating around the pulley. It is almost impossible for the grass to come back out. As a result if you do not thoroughly was out the undercarriage after each use the grass will get on the belts and pulley and ruin them. You will have to replace the drive belt (not cheap)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdaewi75hgQ&t=147

Back