Whats your favorite Boat accessory/most used?

nedarb2

What do you guys make use of the most and find convenient/helpful for a day on the water?

I got a cell phone/ gps/ ipod holder which i love, its kind of like this but it screws into my dash
brk005_1_gps_phone_holder_s.jpg

the "telescopic boat hook" and gaff are also favorites
50-71050.jpg

My 22 year old first mate named "Candie", she can't fish, gets seasick, hates early mornings but looks like Bo Derek!

Hey Barbender, Nedarb2 posted pictures of his favourites,,,, many of us are waiting for you to follow his lead.... :D:D:D SS

Mine's my five year old son. He had a hoot at Sooke this year fishing for pinks. That smile on his face was the best thing I've ever had in my boat.:D:D

My 2 electric Scotty downriggers..

My new Humingbird 525.

The old depth sounder I have on my boat is like 35 years old and is one of the first marine sounders ever made.It should have seen the bottom long long ago but I never had the heart to pry it off the helm... and besides it would never quit working...it does sound the bottom but you cant buy paper for it anymore and frankly I needed a new one

So I picked up a 525.Ive never had a sounder/fish finder like this before...it gives a great visual of whats going on and is sensitive.
It put me over fish all summer.
All I wanted was depth sounder....but after playing with this all summer ....its a keeper

http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=647

The best part is it is detachable from the helm mount and you can stick it in a storage drawer on your boat until its time to head out again.Keeps the salt from corroding the electronics.
I was impressed.The best part being it gives a picture of the formations under water that you just dont see with the old fashioned l.e.d "spinning wheel sounders" of the 70"s.

My dog and daughter - great fishing partners.

#2 10in Color GPS
#3 Terrafin Sea Surface Temp website
#4 Rocket Launchers for stowing rods and Net

RoosterwCodyandKat.jpg

My dog and daughter - great fishing partners.

#2 10in Color GPS
#3 Terrafin Sea Surface Temp website
#4 Rocket Launchers for stowing rods and Net

RoosterwCodyandKat.jpg

Raw and fresh water wash downs...... sure is handy with a self bailing deck. :) SS

Back