What's your dream gear?

B

bhemi

If money were no object what combination of rod/reel would you use for salmon fishing?

I keep looking at the Islander MR3 and keep telling myself that I'm such a lousy fisherman and get out so rarely that it couldn't possibly be worth the price. But it sure is pretty. Add a 10' Sage and I'd be in heaven and out about a $1,000. Makes Shimano look awfully practical.

i think if you used it 120 days of the year, it could be justfied
but on my budget the shimano's will have to do !

I'm not sure about the type of rod, but I'd definately go with an Islander. My father in-law got one and absolutely loves it.

Not that hot on traditonal mooching reels if I had the dough I'd buy a few Accurate reels and some Batson downrigger rods.

b270.sch.jpg

MR3 w Ordella rod...
which sage blank do youall run in the riggers?

Own my dream gear.. Its the only reason I work....

quote:Easier to get the gear down when downrigging much faster.

I dunno, takes me about 10 seconds to drop 2 stacked mooching setups to 100+ plus, thats plenty quick enough for me.

Gotta go with islander.

yea?
and i see you tangleing your gear alot on the way down then. and i'm just taking a wild stab at...... you've never caught a fish on the way down before.

I like to use heavy gear for the BIG fish but for the "little ones" it's more fun to go with ultralite gear. This is my favorite rod/reel combo for the little-uns :D

UltraLite-Gear.jpg

quote:and i see you tangleing your gear alot on the way down then. and i'm just taking a wild stab at...... you've never caught a fish on the way down before

Well I'll take that one in stride, but I've caught many many fish my friend and I've probably caught more species of fin-fish around the globe then you've caught total springs.

Just because you can't grasp the concept of staking a downrigger don't assume its actually a difficult thing. I'll send you an instructional video of me staking a downrigger if you need some pointers.

Shouldn't you be watching Shelly and courtney [B)]

Arr Arr Brokenrod, we'll see you tomorrow.

Have a safe trip across the pond. Make sure not to hit any logs....unless they have fur on...just kidding....we love seals....especially in flipper pie....just kidding....really....

Dinner will be gunpowder pumpking prawn soup (so you can try it) with freshly baked bread, roasted seafood boats (stuffed with crab, prawns and scallops) served with grilled veggies on a bed of wild rice. Dessert will be Frangelico chocolate mousse. Hungy yet :D

Back