What trim tabs?

I had Bennett trim tabs(M80) on my Campion Explorer for 10 years. Work great, no problems. Hardest part was drilling holes through the boat. Measure 9 or 10 times and then drill! lol
Made a world of difference for handling and keeping the boat level. Also nice to push the bow down when running upwind

I have worked on several lenco ones for friends in mexico-they seem like a good quality piece of kit however you need to make sure that the wiring for them is easily accessible if you need to trouble shoot them. I prefer Bennet hydraulic tabs-been on my Orca and never had a problem in 12 years!!!

My Seapsort came from the factory with he Insta Trim unit. 22 years almost trouble free service. Did finally blow a hose this summer so replaced both hoses from ram right back to pump.

My new Striper came with the Volvo penta electric tabs... No issue so far, immediate response that's for sure!

Had 4 sets of Bennets over the years….rock solid performance

Aside from the electric vs hyd debate one thing I will say from my experience is dont under size your tabs.

I had Mincota electrics on my new weldcraft. Nice to use but. They did not stand up to full time use in salt water. Warranted many Rams and when the warentee was over Mincota dropped me like a dirty shirt.
Back to Bennett hydrolics now.

These are the trim tabs I have my boat there only 2" deep if space is a issue like close to a kicker. They go straight up and down instead of front and back.

Is there a sizing formula for trim tabs?

Is there a sizing formula for trim tabs?

If you go on Bennett Trim Tabs web site they have a sizing spread sheet for all types and configurations of boats.

Shopping around for trim tabs. Anyone here have the lenco electric trim tabs or the insta trim ones?

Gary

had Lenco on my old Wellcraft and not a problem with them; they were over 15 years old and worked great; no lag like the hydraulic ones I have now, but no issues with them at all.

Back