What species of trout is this?

I agree that wet clean hands are the perfered method and best method.

However I have seen many people without gloves cause damage to fish as they squeeze the fish harder to hold on, or the fish slips out of their hands and lands on the rocks. Yes as you have said dirty muddy hands that grab the fish and could have bacteria. That being said the same could be said with gloves on or off...

At the end of the day we can all agree that minimizing both the handling of the fish and it’s time out of the water is important.

Cheers

Dev

Last edited:
I agree that wet clean hands are the perfered method and best method.

However I have seen many people without gloves cause damage to fish as they squeeze the fish harder to hold on, or the fish slips out of their hands and lands on the rocks. Yes as you have said dirty muddy hands that grab the fish and could have bacteria. That being said the same could be said with gloves on or off...

At the end of the day we can all agree that minimizing both the handling of the fish and it’s time out of the water is important.

Cheers

Dev

“Dirty hands doctrine refers to an equitable defense available to a defendant against the plaintiff. In this defense, the defendant can claim that the plaintiff should not be granted relief because the plaintiff has acted in bad faith regarding the subject matter of the complaint.”

Don’t call someone out, when clearly you have “dirty hands”
Take the gloves off.

“Dirty hands doctrine refers to an equitable defense available to a defendant against the plaintiff. In this defense, the defendant can claim that the plaintiff should not be granted relief because the plaintiff has acted in bad faith regarding the subject matter of the complaint.”

Don’t call someone out, when clearly you have “dirty hands”
Take the gloves off.

Understood on both the definition and wet hands.
Thanks for the clarification
Dev

Last edited:
Back