What makes climate change deniers tick?

And Clint R thinks this is good?

The solar park, which cost about $680,000 to build, includes solar panels both stand alone and as part of stylized grain elevators, a green living space and an art exhibit that lights up at night. The community believes the park is the first of its kind in Canada.

That being said, the town's mayor acknowledges it only generates enough electricity for two homes - certainly not enough to power up any spaceships - so it really qualifies more as a tourist attraction than as a way to light up the community.

Damn rights i do. It's at least a step in the right direction. As opposed to this:image.jpg
Or this:
image.jpg
Or this:
image.jpg
Look closely at the last picture OBD. How can you say this a natural occurrence? Not man made. The jokes on you if that's what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
What have these pictures got to do with the subject of the thread?
Forest fires are a natural occurance on the planet.
Oil allows you to have the life you have.
Yes man can do a better job on extraction etc., but I do not see you stopping using it?
Pollution is something man can do a lot better job on.
We are not discussing pollution are we?

Why don't you show pics of the thousands of birds know to be fried in mid air while flying over some of these solar farms, why do t you show pics of the thousands of migratory birds killed each year at our wind farms, or the thousands of bats being killed every night at these farms,, no won't do it. We only talk about the few hundred birds that are killed each year by the oil slicks that occur. Doesn't make either right or good, but let's keep it on a level playing feild.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1513420/california-solar-power-station-burning-killing-birds-in-mid-air/

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/solar-farms-threaten-birds/

http://savetheeaglesinternational.o...10-20-times-more-than-previously-thought.html

http://savetheeaglesinternational.o...10-20-times-more-than-previously-thought.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...psed-lungs-annually-in-alberta-top-bat-expert

I guess the only difference is is a pipeline could possibly break and cause a spill and harm some wildlife. In turn solar panels and wind farms definetly do on a consistent basis daily and nightly it's an every day occurrence at these places. It's so common place they had to pass laws to allow them to do so without being procecuted.

I'll agree that all industrial development has some unwanted or undesirable environmental effect. That's why most normal projects (EXCEPTION fish farms) go through an environmental assessment - to mitigate those risks. In the case of the horizontal axis turbine bladed wind farm development that impacts birds or bats - one could instead switch to vertical axis wind mills in those sensitive places. If that is impossible to resolve - It's the environmental approval process that might be flawed - not the renewable energy development concept.

No matter what - some year we WILL run out of easy and cheap hydrocarbons- and this argument against renewable energy will all be really, really stupid and irresponsible.

No matter what - some year we WILL run out of easy and cheap hydrocarbons- and this argument against renewable energy will all be really, really stupid and irresponsible.

Most definetly, but again let's let the free market, and natural process take its place and dictate this not government litigation and involvement. I'm all for renewable energy, its cool but not at the expense it's being "forced" on us not through taxes. Let the market decide.

"let the free market decide" has to be about the most naïve and stupid and ridiculous comment I have read in some time - for these reasons:

1/ The stock market" is not "free" - and that is a complete fabrication describing it as such. Ask the people around Mount Polly what happens w/o checks and balances. Ask the taxpayers in the States why they spent $700 BILLION on their banks. It is only "free" for the bankers and free-trade lawyers - that's the "decision-making body" - not duly-elected representatives. They do not represent me - or you - and any decisions they want won't be in mine nor your interest, neither.
2/ The stock market is also NOT a form of governance. It astounds me that there are a few so-called and self-identified "business people" that (intentionally? naively?) confuse this simple reality. Government sets initiatives on things like critical infrastructure, transportation, banking and other instruments of civilization. That's the job of governance.
3/ It would be both naïve and disrespectful to expect the rest of us to believe or ignore that the fossil fuel industry does not heavily influence and corrupt governance institutions all over the planet. Their PR machine - including lobbyists and pay-offs - are actively working to delay the implementation of renewable energy initiative's that they do not yet own.

If you want a break on your taxes - we should stop subsidizing big oil and other corporate welfare leeches.

Last edited:
Great post AA, the free market is indeed NOT free, it is heavily influenced and controlled by rich and powerful elites and the govt. leaders they bribe and influence to make sure that they stay rich and powerful. Always has been, is now, and unfortunately most likely always will be. Anyone who denies this is both ignorant of the last 6000 years of recorded history and/or blinded by ignorance, or just plain stupid!

Those evil one percenters hey boys lol..

Yer all too easy.

Truth is I do quite well off of those markets,, you want in or you want to grind away and complain your whole life,, never mind I already know the answer. Grind away.

Once again, this thread shows why we have suggested in the past, that discussions of climate change and the environment in general should not be discussed on this site. First and foremost it states clearly in the forum that this area is to be used to discuss fisheries issues. Now, some of you may argue that climate change may have a detrimental effect on fishing and if your thread has some basis or information supporting this idea, you may post it. However, this endless debate around deniers has no place in this fishing forum and may I suggest that those of you on opposite sides of this debate will NEVER convince each other that your position is the right one. So, before I have to place some of you in a time out again or ban you for good because it deteriorates into a degrading, name calling quagmire, consider this done and don't bring it up again.

Brian

Back