What kind of fish did I catch?????????

In horseshoe bay marina today I saw some really wierd little fishes that iv'e never seen before, maybe I didn't pay attention that day.??? At first I thought they were salmon fry and was quite pleased as they covered the entire water column. There were cazillions of them. Something didn't look right though so I waited patiently and grabed one as it swam by.(wax on wax off):D:D. These fish are real small look kinda like a sardine in texture, maybe shaped like a tuna, doesn't look like they have any scales, they have no fin's, instead everywere there should be a fin it has a hard sharp spike, there are two where the dorsal fin should be. These little spikes would easily punture your skin if pressed on.
Can someone please tell me what these fish are. Thanx in advance.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Stickleback?

Take care.

Yep, sounds like three spined stickleback.

stickleback.jpg

Ya that three spined thing looks like it. It had no fins behind it's back spickle though. Probably to small to see? Entire fish was bright silver, no other colours. Is it normal to find them in our ocean in such large quantities. Seems weird, never noticed them before. Been on the ocean my whole life.

Thanx for your replies to my mystery.

Thanx dave,kild,sushi, for the pictures. No dought it's a stickleback. In all your pictures though the fish have fin's, mine had absolutly no fins other than the tail.(had more stickles instead). Must be some other strain.
Thanx again.

Thanx dave,kild,sushi, for the pictures. No dought it's a stickleback. In all your pictures though the fish have fin's, mine had absolutly no fins other than the tail.(had more stickles instead). Must be some other strain.
Thanx again.

Back