What Did Santa Bring

walleyes

Crew Member
Lets see what Santa brought yah all.

Got a nice knife for the collection and from momma the Big 1 3/4 hp meat grinder from Cabellas. Wont take long to grind up a couple moose in the coming years. Weighs 90lbs its a beast.

52588277034_aae42aa3fd_c.jpg

Last edited:
A year and some back, I bought a Simms sun shirt hoodie. Light, breathable, quick drying. I liked it a lot, and realised it was just as useful in cooler weather with the thin hood and neck/face tube always available when a toque didn't provide full cover. Wife and daughter noticed, there were 4 of these in my Christmas haul this year, although thankfully not Simms. Their quality is unquestionable, but the prices are eye watering.

A year and some back, I bought a Simms sun shirt hoodie. Light, breathable, quick drying. I liked it a lot, and realised it was just as useful in cooler weather with the thin hood and neck/face tube always available when a toque didn't provide full cover. Wife and daughter noticed, there were 4 of these in my Christmas haul this year, although thankfully not Simms. Their quality is unquestionable, but the prices are eye watering.

What brand did you get? I've always wanted to get something like that. Can't deal with the heat in my old age anymore.

It’s my second on the boat but the first with the motor swap that I just did. Last one was the mercury spitfire original four blade, this one is the turning point version. I will be trying it out soon. Looking forward to it, I am a true believer in them, just added so much control, lower plane speed and lift to the back of the boat. Even getting out of my tight narrow marina where the sailboat kickers are sticking way out on both side, the difference in control at idle and less deep V wander is significant.

I can vouch for the UA ones. I ordered some for myself pre xmas on sale on there website for 25 or 30% off. Might be a boxing week sale?
I used the Huk brand from Bass Pro/Cabelas, in my centre console without a t top in that non stop summer heat we had, worked like a charm. Often on sale, free shipping a few times a year too. Fishing shorts, long sleeve shirts with and without hoods, all UV.

What brand did you get? I've always wanted to get something like that. Can't deal with the heat in my old age anymore.
Daughter found a couple online from an outfit that call themselves Bassdash. Chinese of course, quality seems reasonable but time will tell.

Many of us on here need to protect skin as we age. I've already had one go round with melanoma, got the scars to prove it. The damage is usually done in childhood, but covering up out on the water can delay or limit its severity in later life.

I had my house flood due to a big tide perfectly timed with a steep barometric pressure drop....that’s kind of like getting a chunk of coal, isn’t it?

Glad I had the double Rocnas out on the back porch, though—-kept the house from floating away...

Attachments

• 19D4A1B2-C4F0-436F-90A1-82C14189168F.jpeg
    19D4A1B2-C4F0-436F-90A1-82C14189168F.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 157
  • E550CBD0-CED0-4C9F-BB4B-DBBF2EB13A7C.jpeg
    E550CBD0-CED0-4C9F-BB4B-DBBF2EB13A7C.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 76F9C54A-6C9B-4F70-B90B-20F4C7066D29.jpeg
    76F9C54A-6C9B-4F70-B90B-20F4C7066D29.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DCC1220A-2857-4046-85D6-4C3A191B530C.jpeg
    DCC1220A-2857-4046-85D6-4C3A191B530C.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 155
Check out the Columbia Terminal tackle PFG shirts and hoodies. Thats all i wear now in the summer, the hoodies are what i wear the most as you can protect the back of your neck from the sun easily.

Back