WhaleReport - free new app from B.C. Cetacean Sightings Network

agentaqua

We are excited to announce the launch of WhaleReport, our new app!

WhaleReport provides an innovative, efficient and easy way for you to report your sightings of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) and sea turtles.

The information you provide via the app will help scientists identify the areas most important to these species at different times of year and help them identify changes in their distribution over time. This information will in turn be used to develop conservation measures to help those species that are most at risk to recover.

Use WhaleReport to take a photo or choose an existing one when completing a report, load vessel and weather information from the previous report with one click, easily select the sighting location from a map or by using the device’s GPS capabilities, and see everything you’ve reported using the app via a personalized sightings summary map.

To download the iOS version of the app, click here http://tracking.wordfly.com/click?s...NzI0NA&l=0d202d52-3924-e511-bb2d-e41f1345a46a , and to download the Android version of the app, click here http://tracking.wordfly.com/click?s...NzI0NA&l=0e202d52-3924-e511-bb2d-e41f1345a46a

Enjoy!

i really hope the general public and the whale watching yahoos do not have instant access to reports... can ya tell it bothers me when i see them "chasing whales"

gave some unlucky fishers in bam an earful in the harbour,, watched them intersect and pursue a whale and its calf this weekend. dumfacs

i really hope the general public and the whale watching yahoos do not have instant access to reports... can ya tell it bothers me when i see them "chasing whales"

gave some unlucky fishers in bam an earful in the harbour,, watched them intersect and pursue a whale and its calf this weekend. dumfacs

The whale watching charters already have a phone number you can call. If this is used exclusively for science, might be a good thing.

I just used it on Friday in the south end of Malaspina.

As far as I can tell from the app, one can ONLY see their own reports. There is some info on the 'Network', Identification info, my reports and a map which ONLY shows my own report.

Weve had 'drunk guy on a moose' youtube film, matter of time before you see someone rodeo a killer whale.

That ride might be a little more interesting - and fair. Orcas mouths are slightly larger than a moose's. Big enough to eat their rider...

Back