Westcoaster Aluminum Boats

Gong Show

So things are slowing down and buying gifts for everyone else has got the juices flowing.
I am looking for a small welded aluminum fish skiff that I can solo launch, 14 to 16'. Tiller outboard to keep it real simple.
Not much in the usual places online that have intrigued me. I see a 14' wolf boat but he believes the hype that a used welded is worth new money.
Came across a bunch of these Westcoaster boats south of the border.
Seem lighter duty than the wolf/silverstreak models, but should work for my purposes.

Anybody have experiences with Westcoasters?

That is an interesting package!
Pretty light on details but it's the internet!
This is going to be a long winter!

Those Westcoaster's sure look the same as a Klamath or Gregor. They are light weight and light gauge for a welded aluminum. Good fuel economy, easy to tow, and price are some high points for sure.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you ... only I'm looking for a 12'. My plan is to rig this new craft up with manual downriggers and a 9.9 Yami 2 cycle which I already have and be able to use this set up as a dingy off the swimgrid of my 38 Bayliner. I've run an ad in Craigslist and UsedVic asking for a used welded and so far not a call. I've inquired around to the custom builders and have got prices from $2800. $3500. $6000. and the last one from Liquid Metal that came in at $8900. All these prices were for basically the same product although the $9k was 3/16" and the others were 1/8" bottom and sides. If I don't hear from any used deals by Christmas, I'm probably going to order the $3500. one cash in some empty's and live with it.
Any of you guys know of a good 12' welded that might be for sale? I'd appreciate it if someone knew of or had one they wanted to sell.

Welcome to the site RileyDog. Some good info there on the market place for a welded aluminum in the 12' range. Not many around but they are tough and cool little boats for sure:).

I am pretty sure that Klamath bought out Westcoaster.
Edit: It is Valco
That may explain the similarities!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I do have a 24' Eaglecraft, so I am not looking for a snotty/cold weather boat.
It's about getting on the water quick when the moment is right, not waiting for friends or tides to launch the big'un.

Klamath and valco are lighter then the metal boats built on the island. But I'm sure they will work Great for you as you have a big boat when you need it. I agree with the little boat sometimes I want to sell my bigger boat and buy something that is a tiller. Why easier back to the basics, fun, simple, cheaper I'm guessing that I would end up with more time on the water!!

Back