West Coast Vancouver Island Lodge Looking For Guides For 2011 Season

MyEscape

Remote West Coast Vancouver Island Floating Fishing Lodge looking to hire 3 or 4 experienced West Coast salmon/halibut guides for a very busy 2011 season to fill their team. You will be primarily fishing Esperanza, Ferrier Point and the Highway. They are looking for responsible, qualified operators to run their well kept 22' to 24' boats most with either new or near new power and equipment. They offer transportation to the lodge, nice accommodations, great food and a good daily rate based on experience plus you keep your own tips. Good customer service skills are a must. You are required to supply your own rods and gear but the lodge covers any customer loss or breakage. The start dates in June and end dates in Sept will vary and can be flexible. July and August you will be expected to guide almost every day. Also looking after your clients catch (Cleaning / Filleting / Bagging) at the end of the day will be your responsibility although some clients may want to do it themselves. Please send your resume and a cover letter to h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com (Please note the 00's in h00ked are zeros not capital o's) or Send me a message here on the forum.

$200 + tips per day includes free food and lodging. Last year top guides did over 60+ full days

Best Regards
MyEscape aka Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Holmes I will be starting May 1 but not as a guide. Worst part thou wont be close enough to come for ribs.... big sigh.... But am sure will see you during the season. Yes I kinda disappeared off the map for awhile just took a step back from everything to do with fishing. However now Im headed back to the West Coast to really live my dream. This job is so designed for me and will be working for a great lodge and great owners just like you.

Sorry not publishing the lodge name right now to avoid calls during a very heavy booking time with regards to these positions.

Cheers ME

Holmes- where abouts is Donovans exactly? I'll make sure we drop by first week of August on way to CC. We'll miss you there.

from one Chef to another Holmes I hope u pass on your recipe, keep those CC people happy.. on a side note back to the thread I guess your not looking for Independant Guides for that Lodge?? PM me if you need any help overbookings etc..

Thanks all for the positive words of encouragement it means alot. Holmes that's a huge loss for Critter but I know you will do well in Gold River with your awesome culinary talent and wish you great success. I'm sure most of us will stop in and say hi coming or going through Gold River.

I want everyone to know I am not in charge of hiring the guides just collecting information for the owner who will make the final decision on who gets hired.

It never hurts to have a list of independants with there own boats just in case and I also have a few other people at other lodges I could pass them on to as well.

Cheers Kevin

Hope the new job doesnt cut into your fishing time CC must have been handy for that. Good luck and will stop in and check out the new place in GR.

Great site Duffer. I think it was my buddy Dave at Doc Media who did that for you. He does great work. It looks good.

No worries there Holmes you take over most threads ;) Will be talking to both Temple and IFL both awesome West Coast guides as you well know..... Do you have free delivery in the summer lol Work out a deal with the Uchuck dont care if the ribs are cold lol...... See Ya In May.

Cheers ME

ps Holmes could you please IM me Temples number

Hi Kevin, wishing you luck with you new position, Dave Ft Mac.

Update: We are still looking for a couple of more guides. Last season our top guides did 60 to 70 full days of guiding. This is a great opportunity as many Lodges are still feeling slower times!!! If you know of someone even if there not on this sportfishing board that might be interested please ask them to send me an email at h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com or they can call me anytime @ 250-208-9508

Plus will be working out a special rate for independant guides who want a place for there guests to stay. Bonus will be if the guide stays on their own boat they will be fed and enjoy all the lodge bennifits for free.

Best Regards
Kevin aka MyEscape

ps As one of our guides running one of our boats you can make 200 or more + 100% of your tips per day DOE

Hi Kevin, i just sent you an email. One of the guys that's fished with me all over from BC to Mexico and Panama is looking for a job this summer. He'd be a great fit for you guys i'm sure. Check your email and please get back to me with some further details ie location etc etc etc. Thanks, and good luck!

Back