Wedding Venue (Lodge etc) in Lower Mainland?

Sharphooks

My daughter is getting married, probably some time this summer or next Fall.

She mentioned an interest in having the venue in the Fraser valley some place....maybe near Harrison Hot Springs......

Can any body make any suggestions or point me in the right direction on where I should be looking? No idea about size requirements...maye 50 peeps?

thanks!

Last edited:
Depends on your daughter's expectations. You can go very nice or rustic out in the Valley.

Historic Dewdney Pub is in Deroche and can do outdoor weddings too. Outdoor stage for bands, outdoor dance floor, etc.. Large grass area for seating. 10 minute drive to hotels in Mission. I'm biased because it's owned by my wife's family, but her sister got married there and they always have a few weddings per year.

Fort Langley Hall (or whatever is called). Beautiful venue

Fraser River Lodge is a great wedding venue , only draw back is price, but it’s a turn key, beautiful spot.
Sandpiper is set up well for weddings too, with a new fleet of cabins on the course for overnight stays at the venue, they even have a boat dock there on the Harrison River

Check out Minnekhada Lodge. We had 60 at our wedding there (that would be the max). Lots of history and very private. Open for the public to look around inside on the first Sunday of the month. You won't be disappointed.

Check out Minnekhada Lodge. We had 60 at our wedding there (that would be the max). Lots of history and very private. Open for the public to look around inside on the first Sunday of the month. You won't be disappointed.
Been to a couple weddings there. Very nice spot!

Thanks for all the help on this, guys

My daughter booked American Creek Lodge based on your recommendations

They signed the contract yesterday. I'm floored that these places book out 2 years in advance---WTF?

She was apologetic that the only date she could get was 09 August....That leaves me pulling the plug early on my summer spring fishery....I'm thinking of leaving the boat in Port McNeill , going to Hope, then getting back to P. M ....

Anybody got any better suggestion for logistics---Central Coast to Hope then back again with moorage for a 30 footer For 3 or 4 days?

Nice remote wedding spot, should be a great time for all. I do road maintenance for BC Hydro at their switch yard just up the hill from your venue.
You could always call Valley Helicopter for logistics with your fishing trip, but won’t be cheap.

Fraser River Lodge is a great wedding venue , only draw back is price, but it’s a turn key, beautiful spot.
Sandpiper is set up well for weddings too, with a new fleet of cabins on the course for overnight stays at the venue, they even have a boat dock there on the Harrison River

Been a a couple there.....very, very nice, but bet it is a few $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Something a little different, we did (12 years ago) was rent the paddle wheeler at the New west key.....was a blast and can set up rooms at the hotel over looking the river....

Do the service, then have a good get together on the boardwalk then visit the pub(s)

Paddle wheeler is a good suggestion and thanks for making it but I'm thinking too many people for that....too many cousins and in-laws already invited . I worry about finding lodging for them all....not enough rooms at the lodge to begin with and I'm doubting theres enough hotel space in Hope so it''s gotta be VBRO's etc

Back