Warmer waters stunting some fish sizes?

Maybe. However, there are a lot of variables that are time correlated. In particular, overfishing also tends to reduce the average size of fish so I think it's hard to make a case for temperature to be the cause.

I would not place the total blame on fossil fuels, no doubt they have a lot to do with the equation. Mankind and his affinity of stripping the earth of it's riches and climate change is also moving this.

Maybe. However, there are a lot of variables that are time correlated. In particular, overfishing also tends to reduce the average size of fish so I think it's hard to make a case for temperature to be the cause.

My thoughts exactly. Targeting of the largest of the species has played a major part in decreasing the average size. Warmer water may be relocating fish species to new areas, like on the US east coast where many commercial boats have no fish to catch because their target species has moved north into Canadian (colder) water where the target species food source has relocated as a result of temperature change.

Back