Wanted : Used Tomic tubby

I am posting this for a friend who is a graphic artist. He wants to paint his own lures for he has caught the fishing bug. I know that commercial fisherman sometimes get rid of old lures and I hope that these could be used as his blanks.

I am posting this for a friend who is a graphic artist. He wants to paint his own lures for he has caught the fishing bug. I know that commercial fisherman sometimes get rid of old lures and I hope that these could be used as his blanks.

aah. makes sense. i often find old plugs at yard sales and a couple stores ifrequent but rarely any tubbys.

They look very nice, however being that the substrate is fairly thin throughout most of the body, the top custom eyelet modification may create the odd issue on larger fish. The idea is valid and creative, however it is a weak link due to wall thickness, while using a screw in eyelet that penetrates the inner wall. In time it could easily develop a leak and fill the cavity with water at depth due to use and abuse & from water pressure, even if it is sealed with epoxy. Great idea, beats the old rubber band trick.

I have not had a failure with the eyelet yet. We use these lures for freshwater applications and have caught rainbows and bull trout to 23 lbs. I agree that it is not the best but until it fails I will continue to run them. Many anglers use the same method. It is amazing how far the plugs will move even at speeds down to 1.8 MPH.

Those "V" shaped flashers in that guy's post are really interesting---looks like they would twirl 2 hoochies in a very seductive manner! I've got some 1/8
acrylic plastic sheets I was using to make knock-off Abe&Al in-line rotary flashers, gonna make me a couple "V" flashers, bend the ends with a heat gun, add swivels,
and give 'em a try for winter blackmouth!

No available for 3 or 4" tubby plug.
They are hard to find to use ones.
Only way is you can buy them from the retailers.

But, I have some 4" are washed out.

Thanks, but I emailed Tomic and Marilyn is sending me the 4 inchers and 3 inch plugs.
For a price, of course....

Herring aid in reg and enhanced---645 and 645 uvbii. She suggested 602 (glo) and 623 and 203.

sooo you just named two of my fave patterns ..are you going to enhance these somehow? very curious and would love to see what you guys are up to

Back