Wanted - Eagle Claw Hooks

Birdman

Hi all,

Please consider this post my request for contact from anyone who has unused 5/0 and/or 4/0 open eye eagle claw permasteel siwash (curved point) hooks that they are willing to part with.

The exact code is the 221 ss I believe. They were usually sold in either 100 packs in a small round plastic container (looks like a salsa container sort of), or a 10 pack little baggie.

These are my favourite hooks for rigging up cuttlefish and octopus sized hootchies.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can assist!

Cheers,

Birdman

I was in at PNT Parksville on Saturday and Nathan said that the wharehouse (which I assumed was at PNT Steveston?) was out of stock on those - so I would be out of luck there - correct?

I like them too, but they usually snap at the eye when tested before the following season if you got them salty the season before.

I’ve had it happen less than a half dozen times out of the hundreds used over the years. After it did happen on a couple one year I decided to give each one a good yank with pliers st the start of each season just in case. Ruled out a couple duds that way over the years and no issues since.

Back