wanted: awesome binoculars for my boat

I use the Bushnell marine binoculars. They're decent and seem extremely durable. They are physically fairly large. I picked them up for 350$ or so.

Vortex Vipers all the way
I have a set of the Vortex 10x42 for the boat and they do just fine for what I use them for.
What I wouldn’t do is get a really high end pair for the boat as that will be an accident waiting to happen.
You”ll be well and truelly pi**ed off if they end up bouncing on the floor due to movement of the boat.

I am on the water most days looking for whales and marine life etc. I have owned a lot of binos and I thought I would roll the dice with a chinese pair.

The quality of the glass is off the charts considering the price. I have Image stabilized binos and IS Canon camera lenses and these binos out perform them all ! quite heavy but can't say enough good things about them! I am in Victoria if you want to check them out.

Brian www.OakBayTours.com
thanks for the tip beemer, as I ordered a pair which thanks to amazon already arrived, and can already say i am impressed. Good glass and pretty inexpensive. DAJ

My Nikon's arrived yesterday. Look pretty nice out of the box. Not super small. Come with a decent case and a neck strap. Coffee maker across the room certainly coming in larger so they seem to work inside my house. Hoping to try them on the boat if I get sneak out at some point this week before April. 1st closures.

Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 10x50 Binocular (Black) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00B7LQARS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_7X6TBREGAHS56W3TK02P

Back