Wanted Avet reels

Coastal Crew

I’m on the lookout for a pair of Avet reels. Ideally a pair of HX’s in either single or two speed versions. Would also be interested in JX or LX models. Let me know what you have.

There is a couple of Accurate Boss Extreme Dauntless DPX2-600 on Fb Marketplace. I know the guy selling them if that helps you at all

I’m on the lookout for a pair of Avet reels. Ideally a pair of HX’s in either single or two speed versions. Would also be interested in JX or LX models. Let me know what you have.

isn't everyone who fishes tuna on the lookout for avet deals? lol

Honestly you don't need two speeds for tuna unless you're aiming for the 80lb+ lb fish, it helps in the 50lb+ range but not a necessity. Line capacity, properly paired rod and technique are far more important. Sure you need a certain amount of drag and proper line absolutly.

Honestly you don't need two speeds for tuna unless you're aiming for the 80lb+ lb fish, it helps in the 50lb+ range but not a necessity. Line capacity, properly paired rod and technique are far more important. Sure you need a certain amount of drag and proper line absolutly.

definitely don't need 2 speeds for Albi,, we have ripped there jaws right off using the lower gearing and too much drag.

Agreed on not needing the two speed for albies. I take these reels down south every or every other winter for wahoo, black fin, mahi, etc. Two speeds are nice for a quick retrieve before the tax man shows up and takes his share.

OB, what are your preferred rods? I’m current running a few Trevalas, Fenwick 30-50s, and a couple cheap Chinese internet specials.

Back