Wanted 9.9 mercury Cowling

stiknfish

Hello, I am looking for a 2014 9.9 mercury cowling . Engine is a four stroke . Engine tipped over and cracked cowling by locking lever and cannot lock down cowling. Let me know if you have something or if anyone knows of a source of these type of parts would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking

Is it possible to fibreglass the crack from the inside. Might still see the crack a little but would be sound and you would be able to lock the cowling down again.

Might be worth a try if you can’t find a new replacement.

Oly

I have thought of that and may have to give it a try . A new one is over $500 and would rather not pay that kind of money but may have to bite the bullet. Thank you for the reply

I too would look at a repair. If not yourself most auto body shops would be able to tackle it. If they fix vettes they can fix that. Would be cheap if you just want it structural again and not worried about cosmetics so much.

Thanks Guys , some great suggestions ,I think ill look at a body shop first then try myself if the price is still too steep. Thanks again

Back