Wanted 23-30ft Fishing boat , Grady, Skagit, ect

Thanks ya I've only ever stood in one before so looking forward to getting it on the water to see how it performs. Heard nothing but great things about them.

I don't know how I missed seeing that one for sale,great find.I looked at a 248 last year and was blown away by how stable it was in the water when I walked around the outer deck,yours is wider and will be even more so.I think you need a permit to trailer those?

I don't know how I missed seeing that one for sale,great find.I looked at a 248 last year and was blown away by how stable it was in the water when I walked around the outer deck,yours is wider and will be even more so.I think you need a permit to trailer those?
Over 8.5 so yes. Couple minutes on the phone and your good. I think it's 300/ year or 30/ month. I only trailer mine for 5 months a year so I just call as I'm hooking up the boat and give them a card number. You can attach the permit to truck or the trailer so keep that in mind if you have a couple different tow vehicles. Quick and straightforward.

Over 8.5 so yes. Couple minutes on the phone and your good. I think it's 300/ year or 30/ month. I only trailer mine for 5 months a year so I just call as I'm hooking up the boat and give them a card number. You can attach the permit to truck or the trailer so keep that in mind if you have a couple different tow vehicles. Quick and straightforward.
I have a 232 as well and love it, cant go wrong with it. I have only trailered short distances but this summer I am going up to Nootka with it. Who do you call for the towing permit?

The guy I got it off never had it listed for sale he just happen to see my ad looking for one and was thinking about upsizing himself so figured he would contact me and just see what happens. After talking and trying to make a deal he wasn't sure if he even wanted to get rid of it.

I fished out of a 248 Voyager a few years ago and could not believe how stable they were and the smooth ride. I ended up finding a 228G Seafarer as an upgrade from my 542 Campion and just love the boat. Stable and a big dance floor.

I had a wanted ad for a Grady 208 or 228 on here for a long time,and never had any referrals or contact.Good for you,it's very rare to find a good clean and well cared for Grady on the island.I bought an original owner 2001 DE 185 this week with low hour Yamaha's,but I doubt it will be my last boat.I have Grady and Pursuit envy.

I have a 232 as well and love it, cant go wrong with it. I have only trailered short distances but this summer I am going up to Nootka with it. Who do you call for the towing permit?
18005599688 is the permit center contact. Friendly folks.

I had a wanted ad for a Grady 208 or 228 on here for a long time,and never had any referrals or contact.Good for you,it's very rare to find a good clean and well cared for Grady on the island.I bought an original owner 2001 DE 185 this week with low hour Yamaha's,but I doubt it will be my last boat.I have Grady and Pursuit envy.
Well, I’ll put it out there. I have the itch as well. Just sold my boat and am now on the prowl. Looking for what DarylH just got. If someone knows someone that is debating on selling please let me know. Thanks! I’ll create my own thread soon.

18005599688 is the permit center contact. Friendly folks.
Do you have surge brakes on your trailer or electric? I was reading the MVA and apparently my boat is overweight for surge brakes so I am converting it to electric over hydraulic

i have a 1994 grady 30ft marlin , repowered in 2018 with twin yamaha 250 offshore 4.2 l motors and 2018 25 hp kicker comes with windless and upgraded hamilton trim tabs 310 galon tank had it gone over by marine inspection everything in good condition , full furuno radar /navinet 3d gps/fishfinder 14 inch screen , i m thinking of upgrading to 33 ft this boat has the 10'4" beam motors have 140 hours dry stored 11 months a year at seviced

Well, I’ll put it out there. I have the itch as well. Just sold my boat and am now on the prowl. Looking for what DarylH just got. If someone knows someone that is debating on selling please let me know. Thanks! I’ll create my own thread soon.
Take a look at mine for sale

Do you have surge brakes on your trailer or electric? I was reading the MVA and apparently my boat is overweight for surge brakes so I am converting it to electric over hydraulic
I didn't intend to say I have the same boat, simply that my rig needs an oversize to be legal when trailering. I have a 9.5 beam tinny.
You are well overweight for surge breaks in canada if you have a 232 which has a trailer licensed in Canada. I don't know how it works if your registered in the US but trailering north of the border. I'd suspect you may be fine running it up here.
I don't believe the folks at the permit center care about your brake type to issue the permit. Your insurance is quite possibly void anyhow with or without overwidth permit until you get your brakes swapped over to electric over hydraulic. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I didn't intend to say I have the same boat, simply that my rig needs an oversize to be legal when trailering. I have a 9.5 beam tinny.
You are well overweight for surge breaks in canada if you have a 232 which has a trailer licensed in Canada. I don't know how it works if your registered in the US but trailering north of the border. I'd suspect you may be fine running it up here.
I don't believe the folks at the permit center care about your brake type to issue the permit. Your insurance is quite possibly void anyhow with or without overwidth permit until you get your brakes swapped over to electric over hydraulic. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I would imagine insurance would have an issue with the brakes, that why I am changing them now, parts are on order to get it done before I have to trailer again. I bought the boat in Canada with that trailer so never thought much about it until I stating reading the MV act on trailering

Back