Wanted 15hp short shaft motor

Fish Rider

Hi
I’m looking for a 15 hp short shaft motor for my boat. Located in the Victoria area and can travel up island. Thanks

just a suggestions , but there are some incredible deals and warranties out there for new.

I will go to the dealer if I need too, but would like to buy used if possible. I don’t mind doing a tune up on the motor if need be!

The motor is for my 14 ft tin boat. I have a 20hp 2 stroke Johnson on there that goes over 30 mph. The problem is it doesn’t troll well with light boat. I’m looking to sell the motor to upgrade to a 4 stroke.

Bump....

I don’t have a motor for you but I know people have run into this same issue before countless times. I know it can suck having to trade/buy used or downgrade HP to get what you want. 30mph+ is a great speed and I would suck to lose. I know your talking about going four stroke but I thought I would throw out these other options that may be possibly less painless and costly.

I know some people drag a 5 gal pale with a few holes in it. Basically a cheap/free drift sock so you could splurge and get one of those too. Also they do make troll plates for smaller outboards. I have no affiliation with this company and I have never bought from them. Just saw this as its for motors 25hp or less. So it definitely would work for your application.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/davis-lil-fella-trolling-plate/

Back