Want to WORK

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
Alright guys, i need some help. You know what they say, its all about who you know. I just finished my welding A ticket and successfully passed my red seal IP exam. So, i have my C, B, and A welding tickets as well as my Journeyman welding certification. Im also a Journeyman Tin basher. Ive been applying for jobs all over the place with no call backs. Ive been working as a tin basher for the past 5 years and im guessing no one is calling me back due to lack of experience in the oil field industry. So, if you know anyone that could help, that would be awesome. I live in kelowna but wouldnt mind a camp job. I just need someone to give me a chance.

Keep at it. We just moved up here (FSJ), not because of the patch though, (Gov work), but they are screaming for welders and such up here. I was reading a job fair post from up here and they were saying that welders are in such a shortage that work was being held up, yet there is a 15% unemployment for welders on the south coast/southern interior.

It is spring break up, so things are slowing down right now, wait a month and it spring/summer ever shows up, things will start up again. Late summer through the winter is the busy time with piplines etc being built.

You might want to take a trip up here and talk to companys as there is lots of people in and out of town looking for work.

Good luck

Cheers

SS

Yup, April and May screech to a halt every year. Start looking again in 2-3 weeks and work will be starting again. Basically as soon as road bans start lifting. Good luck.

Back