Wallas diesel heater service?

Squire

Is anyone aware of a shop that services these diesel heaters in the boat?
I have a low voltage fault that persisted after replacing the batteries. All connections are sealed and show no corrosion so I’m at the limit of my diagnostic abilities.

I’m in Chemainus so somewhere between Duncan and Nanaimo preferably

Last edited:
Is anyone aware of a shop that services these diesel heaters in the boat?
I have a low voltage fault that persisted after replacing the batteries. All connections are sealed and show no corrosion so I’m at the limit of my diagnostic abilities.

I’m in Chemainus so somewhere between Duncan and Nanaimo preferably
Trotac in Victoria is the BC or Canadian dealer. I phoned them and they connected me with their tech, Thomas if I recall. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. I believe they want you to take or ship, the unit to them, for service.
I know there is a reset procedure, which is mentioned in their manual. My unit was doing this too. I upgraded the electrical, based on specs in manual, from the battery to the stove/heater. Changed the fuel filter and reset. It’s working good now.

Thanks for sharing your experience. My electrical already exceeds requirements and I have reset it a couple of times in the past. When I ran out of fuel before and now with the low voltage fault. Because I have addressed the electrical I think I’ll try replacing the fuel filter and try again.
The unit itself is a challenge to access so I want to try everything else before taking it out.

Thanks for sharing your experience. My electrical already exceeds requirements and I have reset it a couple of times in the past. When I ran out of fuel before and now with the low voltage fault. Because I have addressed the electrical I think I’ll try replacing the fuel filter and try again.
The unit itself is a challenge to access so I want to try everything else before taking it out.
I'm heading to courtenay and back to Victoria in next week or so. I'm couriering a couple items, can barely afford to drive diesel up island otherwise ;). I can pick up your heater and drop it off with Thomas if needed. He gave my 2007 wall's stovetop heater a tune up in February.

I'm heading to courtenay and back to Victoria in next week or so. I'm couriering a couple items, can barely afford to drive diesel up island otherwise ;). I can pick up your heater and drop it off with Thomas if needed. He gave my 2007 wall's stovetop heater a tune up in February.
The offer is much appreciated but the heater won’t be coming out for a few weeks yet. I’m just two months into recovery from a knee replacement so crawling around on my knees reaching into tight spaces isn’t in the cards yet.
I talked to Thomas when I first saw the fault code back in February. I went over all the electrical and discovered that I had two cranking batteries which may have weakened enough to cause the fault. The wiring is only about an 8’ direct run and the gauge is more than required. The only connection to the unit’s pigtail is properly shrink wrapped and shows no corrosion. It worked fine in January so after talking to Thomas (I bought the heater from Trotac) we both figured it must have been the batteries.
The only other thing I’m going to try is to take the connections off the bus bars which are right below the batteries and connect them straight to the batteries. Everything seems clean and dry so I’m baffled why it stopped working. I wonder if replacing the fuse and holder would be worth trying? 590C302F-29B1-4C41-A60F-436F487BCE26.jpeg

Last edited:
The heater is installed between the hulls on the starboard side so I have to remove the binnacle controls to access it. It was a real struggle just to put the plug back in after checking it back in February.
I appreciated the discreet installation when it was done but not as much now LOL.B93280E9-791F-4753-A5FC-7D89E8E6B334.jpeg

Since I had the boat at home to add some bling I thought I’d pull the heater so I could get it serviced by Trotac. Removing it was time consuming but not as hard as I thought it would be. ACF59BA4-DF61-4C63-A77E-2D5FA441672C.jpeg

This happens to me often.
Get home from work, deal with steaming pile of home **** then have a beer.
Finally, time to look at current boat issue, "that is pretty ******* tricky", have another beer, then pass out watching some crap show.
Finally get fed up with the problem not fixing itself, and go for it one morning.
Resolve it in acceptable time.

Lance at Trotac has helped me with my Wallas stove/heater - twice in the parking lot in Victoria, and once by guiding a tech from Stryker with the boat in the water in Port Hardy - by phone. Maybe there's a tech in the Chemainus area that Trotac can work with.

Last edited:
Lance at Trotac has helped me with my Wallas stove/heater - twice in the parking lot in Victoria, and once by guiding a tech from Stryker with the boat in the water in Port Hardy - by phone. Maybe there's a tech in the Chemainus area that Trotac can work with.
Thanks but I did the trouble shooting over the phone with Thomas from Trotac without resolution so I have to bring it to him now.

Back