Wallas Diesel 2 in 1 stove

Wooly

Hey Folks,

I got a Wallas Diesel 2 in 1 heater/cook top. Do any of you have experince with them? Mine runs like a top and I love it. Im just wondering what everyone does for maintenance in the offseason with these guys. Im coming up on my 3rd season with it next year and wondering If I should be doing anything to it?

Thanks,

Wooly

I have had mine for 12 years-all they need is clean diesel, a good voltage that stays above 12.1 while the pump works (I start my main to make sure) and don't play with the temp control. I change out the diesel every 2 months, leave none in over the winter. Never had a problem.

mines 12 years old also. I've never done any maintenance with it and it just keeps working. it's a backup heater in my boat but we use it quite often, prob more than the bus heater. heats up pretty quickly. I top my fuel tanks up in the winter when the boat is stored, put in a bit of fuel conditioner and call it a day. so far no problems. wallas cooktop/heater is plumbed into the main fuel tanks.. these seem to be pretty high tech units that don't need much for maintenance... at least so far,
i bet you get alot of years out of yours.

Don't use old fuel and keep motors running when starting the stove, they like high voltage to start! Lots of info on the wallis stove on the c brat site

Awesome guys thanks, thats what i wanted to hear. I was hopeing there wasnt much maintenance.

cheers

I have had a Wallas stove for 8 years and have had two problems. I use the stove a lot and it is great

The 1st problem was the burner plate holes plugging due to using Kerosene. Using Kerosene created a wax build up. Prior to the problem I was always turning the temp gauge up and down and that could have contributed to the problem.

The 2nd problem was a censor that controlled the auto shut off stopped working. Trotac replaced it

Trotac in Victoria is a certified Wallas dealer and a certified repair center. Great service

I have had a Wallas stove for 8 years and have had two problems. I use the stove a lot and it is great

The 1st problem was the burner plate holes plugging due to using Kerosene. Using Kerosene created a wax build up. Prior to the problem I was always turning the temp gauge up and down and that could have contributed to the problem.

The 2nd problem was a censor that controlled the auto shut off stopped working. Trotac replaced it

Trotac in Victoria is a certified Wallas dealer and a certified repair center. Great service
First of all Doug-thank you for letting us know that Trotac was a certified dealer-I didn't know that. My Wallas works better on fresh diesel than Kerosene, also I was told not to play with the temp setting too much as it contributes to sooting up the nozzles. I only use mine as a cook top and since it has a hot side and a cooler side it is not a problem to leave the adjustment alone.

Trotas was great and fixed my stove in a couple of days

I was using mine for cooking when I first got the boat but for the last few years I only use it to heat up the cabin for our clients. I also have the two burner system and now I just leave the control on high. I run an elect heater when I'm not on board and then turn the Wallas on when I get there so the cabin stays warm. It performs great.

Wolf also has a Wallas and is always cooking on it during his trips out with his friends. I can smell it when I'm down wind so I get on the radio and contact him and he throws me a sample pack of sausages............

Wallas stoves or heaters are well worth the $$$$

YES i love mine had a few issuses over years but it gets USED alot we finally narrowed it down to a faulty motherboard as it would say it was fine (via comp) and of course when it was on boat worked great then didnt even had Lance there tech come all the way out to sooke to test in boat nothing wrong.... LOL then it did it.... a lil malfunction.... as you know usually when a mechanic is there the problem never flares up.....LOL

so back to the shop it wen he tuned it all up and havent had a problem with it since.
Lance at Trotac is a great guy and has helped me alot on the whole thing they have all the parts and like doug said certified dealers...

Good luck wolf

Back