VRO ,(variable ratio oiler,) Delete on 93 Johnson 70

Good man Jeffy. I know it all seems very frustrating but stick with it and you'll have something you know is good. You're also learning lots which is one of the benefits you get for all of the hard work. People will be coming to you for advice, you've got that to look forward to :)
PS: Don't sell your favourite trolling rod.

Hey Jeff are the spark plugs painted? They look black in the pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good man Jeffy. I know it all seems very frustrating but stick with it and you'll have something you know is good. You're also learning lots which is one of the benefits you get for all of the hard work. People will be coming to you for advice, you've got that to look forward to :)
PS: Don't sell your favourite trolling rod.

Nope , i let a couple rods go too pay for the new powerhead, still have my lefty mr3 , i have had five of these johnsons now only 2 of which were decent, fishin solo that is paint on the plugs , dunno it is a factory powerhead fits all the 60's n 70 hp 92 thru to 98, brand new stock... My mechanic saw it and was in dissbelief...

Make sure the reeds didn't get damaged before you switch them over. Why did the bearing on the old engine fail...lack of oil? I would also make sure that the bottom carb is not plugged up and is why the bearing failed...no oil. Wouldn't want you to have the same happen to this

The new powerhead will have new reeds and the carbs will be gone over again 1 hour old they are, believe me i was skeptical too after it blew up after some work, the blown up powerhead will be disassembled to see the exact cause of the failure but it was just old age... ,the quickstart model advances the timing a bit when it is cold , when the brainbox quicks it fails to advance the timing that little bit it needs to fire up...., thats why the boat would not start unless the carbs were throttled up .. After we fixed the ignition re timed the motor it was running awesome, i was only under 1/3 throttle when the rings let go... It was just their time ...my mechanic is 30 years omc / merc guy and very knowledgable... I know my motor runs best when he' does the wrenchin [emoji12] i pass the wrenches and bring the coffees.

Back