Volvo Penta mobile marine mechanic recommendations

Dragos

Good day everyone

Lately my 5.0 Gi ( 5 litres , 8 cylinder injection) Volvo Penta gas motor started to blow some smoke on the exhaust ( it looks like fuel not burned) . Also, usually I use to start it with no problem , but lately I have to keep the starter on for a few good seconds before the engine starts.
I am looking for recommendations for a good mobile marine mechanic with experience in Volvo Penta ( to me it looks like I have a timing or fuel supply issue)
Could you guys help me with some recommendations?
Thank you in advance
Best regards
D

Are you getting the standard 2 beeps when you turn the key on? Are these the original fuel pumps? Weird, does sound like it's dumping fuel tho. How does your oil / coolant look? All ok?

If you think your pumps are going out, do not do anything without talking to this guy here: https://mancavemechanic.com/

He properly rebuilds the pumps without the junk inside at way less cost. I bought a fuel cell from him (both pumps) as a pre-emptive measure and they work perfect, I have a 320GXi.

The only other issue I have had with hard starting was the relays that are in front of the throttle body. These were pretty corroded and it rendered a hard start condition, but it was only visible once I pulled them out.

Give this a shot first, but I can also recommend a mobile guy if you need as well, PM me.

Are you getting the standard 2 beeps when you turn the key on? Are these the original fuel pumps? Weird, does sound like it's dumping fuel tho. How does your oil / coolant look? All ok?

If you think your pumps are going out, do not do anything without talking to this guy here: https://mancavemechanic.com/

He properly rebuilds the pumps without the junk inside at way less cost. I bought a fuel cell from him (both pumps) as a pre-emptive measure and they work perfect, I have a 320GXi.

The only other issue I have had with hard starting was the relays that are in front of the throttle body. These were pretty corroded and it rendered a hard start condition, but it was only visible once I pulled them out.

Give this a shot first, but I can also recommend a mobile guy if you need as well, PM me.
Thank you !
The coolant looks good to me. The oil has been changed recently. I do hear the two “ beeps “ once I turn the key. I’m not sure if the hi fuel pressure is achieved ( no press gauge on the line). I think my best option is a good marine mechanic
Thanks again !
D

Thank you !
The coolant looks good to me. The oil has been changed recently. I do hear the two “ beeps “ once I turn the key. I’m not sure if the hi fuel pressure is achieved ( no press gauge on the line). I think my best option is a good marine mechanic
Thanks again !
D

have you dumped out the fuel strainer lately to see what sort of shape it is in? I will send you a note on the guy too...hang tight.

have you dumped out the fuel strainer lately to see what sort of shape it is in? I will send you a note on the guy too...hang tight.
Ups !
That’s where I should’ve start !
I will remove and check/ clean/ replace the fuel filter. But let’s be honest: we all know it’s never that easy, isn’t it ?

Back