Volvo-Penta-Duo-Props

Volvo props

I'm interested to know what sort of performance change you noticed and if it changed the handling of the boat?
Did you change to a different pitch? Was it worth the money, as I am also considering switching to SS

Cheers

I went to F4s to obtain closer to the Reccomended WOT. The D5 was a bit to sluggish loaded. The F4s With half tank of fuel, 75 gal. 4 guests, gear, tabs up etc, I cruise at 3300-3400 rpm 26.5 mph. 4600 rpm is around 39-42 mph. I have not brought it up to WOT yet.

D5s were simular numbers, but it worked much harder to get on step and wanted tabs down a bit to ease the strain outta the hole.

DP Stainless is about double the price but feels smoother. I think just the pitch change gave me most of my gains for my purpose. The aluminum props perform well in DP configuation and dont give the damage up the spine if you whack an incidental object. Fuel burn has gone down noticably and she is in her happy spot at cruise.

Keep in mind the Osprey is around or over 8000 lbs loaded w gear.

I have the same problem as you did, my WOT is only 4000 RPM I should be up to 4400 and I'm running B5
But I have an excellent hole shot and I'm getting good fuel economy. 27 MPH @ 3100 RPM and 41 @ 4000
I'm thinking if I go down in prop size fuel consuption is going up.
I have a 26 FT Hourston weighs approx 6500 LBS with fuel and gear
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers.

Not to hihjack wire man i have a set of B4 im selling you can try them first if you want that what I had on my 26 ft hourston...

Make me an offer same as justins LOL OBO I went to SS as well bang on now

Try both as im sure justin and i will be happy if one of them sells pm me or call me thanks

Wolf

Back