Victoria Whisky Festival

hud52

Now that the fishing season is winding down for awhile, here's a suggestion for something interesting to do in mid-January. The tenth annual Victoria Whisky Festival is a short 3 months away. Information for this outstanding event will go online in the next couple of days at: http://www.victoriawhiskyfestival.com

I can tell you that the festival will be featuring a myriad of distilleries and whiskies including Canadian whisky, Scottish single malts and blended whiskies, Irish whiskey, Japanese, Indian, French, Swedish, Australian whiskies and a variety of whisky & whiskey styles from the United States of America.

Tickets go on sale for out of town folks on Friday, November 7th and for Victoria folks on Saturday November 8th. These tickets sell out fast so you'll need to plan accordingly. See the website for more detailed information.

As one of the organizers, a local Victoria boy, and a life-long fisherman, I will be making a contribution to a local salmon enhancement program of up to $1,000 should there be a surplus at the conclusion of the festival.

Solstice Whisky Choices.jpg

Went 2 years ago. Hope to again this year. Awesome time. Awesome whisky. Good venue. Only problem is drinking 200$ whiskies and not being able to fully appreciate them because you're on to the next one. Met some old acquaintances from Calgary. Slainte.

I could find prices for the tickets or the "package deal" online. When will the website be updated to include those and the program?

Ticket packages and individual ticket prices should be online tomorrow or Thursday. Definitely by Friday. I'll also post something on this thread when they go online. Lots of great Masterclasses this year, with some very unique offerings.

Thanks for the post, will definitely make this a weekend away from vancouver. I've been to almost all the hopscotch events in vancouver (maybe missed 1 or 2) over the past 18 years. it has evolved into quite the event. I look forward to the event in victoria as it will be nice to be staying in a hotel close to the venue. for those on the mainland into whisky and haven't been to the hopscotch in vancouver, I highly recommend it. it is now a full week long event nov 17-23.
http://www.hopscotchfestival.com/vancouver

Looks like it could get quite expensive ....

my thought exactly. given this pricing scheme, I will choose to skip on this one. better venues exist with far more reasonable rates to participate. all the best to those with more dollars than sense.

A ticket to the consumer tasting on Saturday January 17, 2015 will cost you $125.00 and give you access to try over 250 whiskies from all distilleries giving classes at the festival, in other words, from all over the world. The price also includes food. Given what local bars charge for one once of good whisky, I think the cost is a bargain. But that's just me........:)

After 250 shots...
Funny-Ambulance-550x573.jpg

Call who?......

0504p04.jpg

I just received my confirmation! I can't wait.

Lucky guy you are :). The tickets sold out the day they went on sale at the Strath on November 8th. I can't count the number of people who have asked me for tickets the last couple of weeks.......

As a past president of VMRS, I had the great pleasure in presenting, on behalf of the Victoria Whisky Festival, a cheque in the amount of $1,050 to the Victoria Marine Rescue Society, http://www.vmrs.org/ this past week. The money was a portion of the $26,000 that was raised at the 2015 Victoria Whisky Festival. All money raised has been distributed to local charities including the 100.3 TLC for Kids fund, Crimestoppers and several other worthy causes.

Thanks to all of you who supported this year’s Festival. Tickets go on sale for the 2016 Festival on November 6[SUP]th[/SUP] for out-of-towners and November 7[SUP]th[/SUP] for locals.

Back