Victoria Backyard Mechanics?

Due to the nature of buying duoprop lowers on ebay (the guy sold me a paperweight), my boat is going to be on the hard for at least another month. It seems like it might a be a good time to look at having a crate motor i have put in. Can anyone suggest a good backyard mechanic in Victoria who would take on this job?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, not even a single response. Does anyone know of a mechanic between here and nanaimo, perhaps?

Thanks Kaelc, I knew that heading into this. I have spoken with a few smaller shops from used victoria: West Coast Marine Diesel (Cam), Vector Marine (Mark), and still waiting to hear back from Elite Marine (Paul). right now Vector Marine seems to be the most interested in it.

Just got a crate motor installed in Nanaimo.Dropped off boat Monday it was done by Friday.Allen marine 2505857880.happy with the service and price

Wow, not even a single response. Does anyone know of a mechanic between here and nanaimo, perhaps?

I do Jamie South he does it in your backyard not sure if he would do it in Victoria in duncan....250-748-8391...Does a lot of stern drives... There are a few guys also in Sooke....Maybe phone around if your looking closer to you.... I would get it done now because whoosh when it gets busy huge wait from all of them I find...

Hi I have a certification for the gasoline engine and diesel engine repair. I could fix your motor. I am living in Langford. If you wish to bring the boat to my back yard and I will work on it. I just finished fixing an outboard motor this week and it runs really great now. We can negotiate an affordable price.

Thank you
Discus.

I have a certification for the gasoline engine and diesel engine repair. I could fix your motor. I am living in Langford. If you wish to bring the boat to my back yard and I will work on it. I just finished fixing an outboard motor this week and it runs really great now. We can negotiate an affordable price.

Thank you
Discus.

Check out Marc Shubrook of Runabout Mobile Marine Repair, 250-744-9720 in the Victoria area. He did a great job for me when my trailer bearings blew out.

Check out Marc Shubrook of Runabout Mobile Marine Repair, 250-744-9720 in the Victoria area. He did a great job for me when my trailer bearings blew out.

I just had a fairly long chat with Marc, and I wish he worked on stern drives - he says he mostly works on outboards, and doesn't have a shop. seemed like a great guy, he was patient, straightforward, and generally just seemed like the sort of guy I'd like to do business with.

Back