Vancouver area Sunday

B

Brisco

Launched in Port Moody at 7 a.m. On the wayout of Burrard Inlet we noticed lots of seals.We cruised past the Cap. no boats or seals.Kept on going then we spotted about 100 boats around the can.We joined in and in 3 hours did not see a single fish caught.I caught 1 undersize spring.The charter boys took off to Sandheads.The water was lousy so I didn't feel like blowing the fuel.I don't understand why all the seals were up the inlet?

quote:Originally posted by brisco

Launched in Port Moody at 7 a.m. On the wayout of Burrard Inlet we noticed lots of seals.We cruised past the Cap. no boats or seals.Kept on going then we spotted about 100 boats around the can.We joined in and in 3 hours did not see a single fish caught.I caught 1 undersize spring.The charter boys took off to Sandheads.The water was lousy so I didn't feel like blowing the fuel.I don't understand why all the seals were up the inlet?

I know why you were seeing those seals. Like how many seals are we talkin and where abouts?

kinda surprised that you saw this now..this is a bit early...

I know why you were seeing those seals. Like how many seals are we talkin and where abouts?

kinda surprised that you saw this now..this is a bit early...

i went out saturday morning... launched at abut 5 15... only saw one seal on the way out... and only 3 boats at the cap, where we stopped and did a few passes, caught about 5 undersized coho.... later we went out just off point grey.... around 40 boats there... didnt see a fish caugth either... we didnt even get one chinook...

i went out saturday morning... launched at abut 5 15... only saw one seal on the way out... and only 3 boats at the cap, where we stopped and did a few passes, caught about 5 undersized coho.... later we went out just off point grey.... around 40 boats there... didnt see a fish caugth either... we didnt even get one chinook...

Fishin Magician,
The seals were mostly from the Seymore up to Belcarra Park.This is not a pink year so I have no idea what they are up to.I have been told construction will begin shortly on the restaurant.I guess we'll be launching elsewhere.

Fishin Magician,
The seals were mostly from the Seymore up to Belcarra Park.This is not a pink year so I have no idea what they are up to.I have been told construction will begin shortly on the restaurant.I guess we'll be launching elsewhere.

Thanks for that.

Tough one to know if to spend the gas to go...it's kinda early..but heading west is usually the best idea at this time of year..

Back