Vancouver and Howe sound

cammer

Im actually suprised that there hasnt been any reports from this area, im a river maggot without a boat but have 3 friends with and have been begging them to get out recently as i remmeber how good the reports were last Feburary. That being said from word of mouth, i heard that the Caps is producing or was last week, anybody see this first hand??, as well Hutt is excellent mid week? . supossedly these decent sized fish are Squish stock and will be heading up toward Defence. I hope some of the local city boys can fill in the rumour mill here as i think ive convinced one boat for next weekend(always guaranteed 4 dungees). Inquiring minds want to know

14ld'er today, backside of bowen off tunstal towards waterfall. 3oclock slack 150ft on rigger 180ft of water. Copcar flasher with white hootchy. Fish were scattered, good numbers in small bunches when you could find them.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Hey, GF, which boat were you? I was in the 24' Hourston. I had a feeling we should have stuck it out at Tunstall, rather than move on to the waterfall. Ah well... 3 hours, 3 rods, not a sniff at Tunstall, Waterfall, or HITW. Prawns have been producing tho' and the egg-laden females are mostly gone. Tight lines!

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Went out today, Hutt and Grace then over to Hitw. Not a sniff.

Originally posted by Pangaea

Hey, GF, which boat were you? I was in the 24' Hourston.

Hey pan. I was in my 210 fishing machine. Think that might of been you who pulled in directly behind me.If so you just finished dropping your lines when I hooked up, I headed straight out away from the rocks cause I was alone and had two other rods and downriggers to deal with to avoid tangled lines by fish. I was closer to the waterfall than Tunstal.
By the way, that 14lb'er was on a scale that after testing it on three differnt 10lb cannon balls the biggest one was 7lb's.

Has anyone ever weighed a 10lb cannon ball?????

Just looking at the wind forecast for Howe Sound and looks scary for next week. What about English Bay area, anyone been there lately ?

Fished the back side of bowen again this afternoon. Fish were way more scarce than last week. There were a few here and there. Not even a bump on the downrigger's. Picked up a 10lber on my shellow rod.(go figger) same time as last weekend too, 3:00 oclock again. Ebb tide. Last week was flood tide. 8 ounce banana weight and kitchen sink coyote on my spinning rod down the middle of the boat was the winner today.

Hay Bisco. Whats Hitw???? Im new around this neck of the woods.

quote:Originally posted by Gone Fishen

Fished the back side of bowen again this afternoon. Fish were way more scarce than last week. There were a few here and there. Not even a bump on the downrigger's. Picked up a 10lber on my shellow rod.(go figger) same time as last weekend too, 3:00 oclock again. Ebb tide. Last week was flood tide. 8 ounce banana weight and kitchen sink coyote on my spinning rod down the middle of the boat was the winner today.

Hay Bisco. Whats Hitw???? Im new around this neck of the woods.

Some times fishing shallow with weights pays off. No real explanation why, but it just does some days. Even in the winter I've been surprised when the fish were hitting at 20 feet while getting ready to stack my lines.

Hitw: Is short for "hole in the wall"

In the Vancouver area this is located near the BC ferries terminal in Horseshoe Bay.

I'm fishing tomorrow so I'll report back on my results.

Fished the harbour for a short 4 hour stint from first light to 1130 today with buddy Coyote Spooner. Nothing doing for keepers except for seals...lots of them. Limited out on Dungeness. Heard about 1 caught, saw 10 other boats out....didn't see a whole lot going on. Fantastic sunny day...warm...and calm. Got a tad bit o' sunburn. Maybe next time. [?]

Nope. Didn't know of that HOG :D. The fish I know of was on the backside of Bowen from one of the usual spots.

headinbg out of Ambelside saturday morning, going to spin some bait looking for a seal or two to play with<<< any reports from here recently, should be easy crab limit though?

quote:Originally posted by cammer

headinbg out of Ambelside saturday morning, going to spin some bait looking for a seal or two to play with<<< any reports from here recently, should be easy crab limit though?

Reckon the crabbing should be good. Limits for 5 anglers on one boat with 3 traps on Thursday.

I hear there are some fish around if you find 'em...the bad news is the fish are blindfolded...

I'll wash some lures this weekend, burn some gas, drink beer.. have fun with the awesome weather we're having. Hit 10 degrees out there today on the water I hear..

See y'all on the water.[^]

if ya smell someone puffing, that will be us, not me but my bro, good luck as well, spinning medium cut plug

absolute **** on a plate out there today, no wind and warming sunshine glowing over the downtown scrapers, started off with first fish on flasher cut plug, told my brother who was playing it to reef er in and shut clicker off, he didnt and we ended up with a cheek bone, >>Stunned C&^%t<<, next fish was mine, yarded the poor MOFO in and found it to be a keeper red(straight cut plug), next fish bro again torqued it in and found it to be just under, ended at 100pm and scooped up 8 dungys in the one trap, the other trap had only one?? no idea how a trap 30 yds apart can have such a variation in catch, great day

Nothing for me.

Know of 2 fish, 1 about 15-16 lbs full of 4 7 inch herring. That's big herring for Vancouver! The other decent fish was in the low teens.

That's all.

Spent the best part of the weekend fishen the area.SLOW,SLow,slow.
The fish are really making a guy work these day's, they won't stop moven:D:D Started at tunstal, not much of nothen, sow a couple big schools, schools are real spread out and moving. If you go back were you saw them five minutes before there gone. Fished down to waterfall, got nothen, saw a few here and there. Moved on to gambier, saw a few more fish but got nothen. Tried of keates on the way home, hooked grandpa but lost him. Tripped downrigger and peeled line till I got the rod in my hands then it was gone.(the drag was not loose either):(
Tried off the cap, & pink appartments this morning not anything showing. Moved out to the middle of the harbour & hurray, there was fish, only problem was they were small. Got one keaper. Released two others, close to if not legal size. Good news is there were a lot of fish there and there must be some good ones mixed in.
I was hitten them draggen bottom in 115ft to 130ft of water out by the freighters. Wasn't there very long either.(Damn responsabilitys)I wanted to stay.

quote:Originally posted by Gone Fishen

Spent the best part of the weekend fishen the area.SLOW,SLow,slow.
The fish are really making a guy work these day's, they won't stop moven:D:D Started at tunstal, not much of nothen, sow a couple big schools, schools are real spread out and moving. If you go back were you saw them five minutes before there gone. Fished down to waterfall, got nothen, saw a few here and there. Moved on to gambier, saw a few more fish but got nothen. Tried of keates on the way home, hooked grandpa but lost him. Tripped downrigger and peeled line till I got the rod in my hands then it was gone.(the drag was not loose either):(
Tried off the cap, & pink appartments this morning not anything showing. Moved out to the middle of the harbour & hurray, there was fish, only problem was they were small. Got one keaper. Released two others, close to if not legal size. Good news is there were a lot of fish there and there must be some good ones mixed in.
I was hitten them draggen bottom in 115ft to 130ft of water out by the freighters. Wasn't there very long either.(Damn responsabilitys)I wanted to stay.

Another week or two and there'll be much more consistency..pattern runs this way each year.