Value of an 80's Hourston

That boat was discussed in jeffys Fugly thread

Maybe 4k?, its an older hull, seats do not match older carbed 4 stroke if it is a 2000.If it was absolutely mint with newer power maybe $10k. My buddy sold his 1990 double eagle hardtop 17.5 with a 2008 etec 90, 300 hours and a newer 8hp 4 stroke kicker for 9000.IMO

Ya I checked out jeffys thread not much talk about this boat other then the suggestion that it might be over priced, I'm just trying to get an idea of what a fair price might be.

You not going to get one with new power for 10K not going to happen for 17.5.... I think 6-7k would be fair... The DE that go for 4 k are usually in crap condition or they are small 16ft.

Id agree with SV 6-7 is fair......

The 10g asked is someone's dream...... Someone may pay it.

If the restore/lipstick job was completed its a 10-12g boat. If I am correct that 80hp is a international release motor.

Seller may see closer to 10g if he wants to part it out, but many won't waste their time doing that.

If seller is firm to their price Id keep looking. That's my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat was discussed in jeffys Fugly thread

What I was saying is it was mentioned with those fuel tanks mounted where they are there could/would be some stability issues, you would definitely want them married or at minimum make sure you ran them down evenly to prevent listing or roll over.

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Salty give me a email , I may have what you want , 96 hours ton 17' fully equipped for fishing
Gcaton@ shaw.ca ( victoria ) will send photos , Cheers Gary

Recent professional transom and stringer rebuild is not cheap. Owner is dreaming if he thinks he'll get all of his money back, but certainty of hull integrity is worth something to a buyer. An extra 1000-1500 is not unreasonable.

Back