V haul utility/fishing boat

It was a green and gold fisherman 1800 with an e tec on it. Not that old and was a nice boat. But..... after 3 days of pounding on kootenay lake one of the outer panels of aluminum on the front starboard side was more off than on. I wish i would have taken a picture for all the doubters.
I don't think any one doubts you. For me it was your blanket statement that Lund boats are junk.

I have a restored & rebuilt 1969 17' Starcraft riveted aluminum boat and it's tougher & leaks less than a Russian tank. I've pulled it up on 1000 beaches up & down the coast and lakes all over BC. Cost me next to nothing but a lot of love, time, effort & TLC.

My previous boat was a early 70’s 16’ StarCraft aluminum. Not the prettiest or the or the best ride but i took it to a ton of places and never had a issue. I only sold it because I never trusted the motor. I saw it a few years back on used Vic for over double what I sold it for and I am sure it sold easily.

My previous boat was a early 70’s 16’ StarCraft aluminum. Not the prettiest or the or the best ride but i took it to a ton of places and never had a issue. I only sold it because I never trusted the motor. I saw it a few years back on used Vic for over double what I sold it for and I am sure it sold easily.
Thus the name Damn Ugly. ;)
I hear ya. I have an mid-80's Evinrude 30HP 2-stroke with almost perfect compression, and it continues to push it around just fine at 20 knots with a tailwind. I've learned how to field-strip it and rebuild it on a beach before, and I never go anywhere without an escape plan. It does the job!

Back