Upper Campbell lake at Strathcona

likwit

Hi All

I am headed to a friends wedding at Strathcona Lodge on Upper Campbell lake this weekend. I have agreed to host a fishing session with the kids on Saturday. I looked at the map of the grounds and there is a 'fishing point' marked... but I couldn't find anything about the lake in my Freshwater Fisheries map book.

I was gonna throw out a couple of lines with power bait and cast a few spoons/spinners with the kids... anyone have any tips that might help prevent a skunking? Is there a decent chance of hooking into anything this weekend?

Cheers

Likwit

Small crocodile spoons... The cuts in this system cruise the beaches hunting sticklebacks. They can get big too.. But its hit and miss. If they are there, then you will have a ball with trout up to 4 lbs. I must tell you that because they are feeding in sticklebacks, the strike is VERY soft. If you feel a touch-- HIT IT!!!

I have had some very memorable days fishing the beaches in the past.
..let us know how you do.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

man, was it raining hard on saturday afternoon. despite the weather a couple adults and two children joined me to give it a go for an hour or so.

the kids were casting crocs and we were floating a few worms off the bottom.

the one girl, maybe 10 years old took home the prizes for first fish, largest fish, and hidden weight with a nice 12 inch trout that i couldn't figure out whether it was a cutty or a rainbow.

so not much action, but it was great to see how stoked she was. thanks for the tips, everyone.

likwit

Back