Up for auction 2 23’ Hourston boats.

• The boat has not been used for more than 10 years
  • No inspection has been done on the boat, motor or trailer
  • The trailer is not roadworthy, the brakes may be seized and the suspension components are weakened by corrosion
  • The buyer will have to provide a flatbed truck to move the boat and its trailer
  • This equipment is sold as is.
  • Unknown repairs, replacement components or parts may be required.
  • No assistance will be provided and no handling devices, locking devices or tie-downs will be supplied.
  • Failure to show up with the required carrier and materials will result in the return of the item and the sale may be cancelled.

Oh man what a time for a road trip to Quebec, Does anyone have any feedback on the Volvo Diesel Duo prop combination in that size hourston? Seems like it would be a great setup with the weight down low.

Dan

• The boat has not been used for more than 10 years
  • No inspection has been done on the boat, motor or trailer
  • The trailer is not roadworthy, the brakes may be seized and the suspension components are weakened by corrosion
  • The buyer will have to provide a flatbed truck to move the boat and its trailer
  • This equipment is sold as is.
  • Unknown repairs, replacement components or parts may be required.
  • No assistance will be provided and no handling devices, locking devices or tie-downs will be supplied.
  • Failure to show up with the required carrier and materials will result in the return of the item and the sale may be cancelled.
Pretty much boilerplate for equipment sales from GC surplus.

They almost look like lost warbirds sitting there.

Anyone in the transport biz? Could bring them all over in a oney.

The first one looks ok, but the trailer is junk. The second one missing a leg but on a nice EOH trailer. Which one do you think is best? If anyone wants to do an epic road trip Youtube video of buying one and taking it across the country, getting her up and running again, I'm down! Are the D-4's good engines or dogs? F-Trudeau oh F-Harper for both of them letting good stuff like this sit.

Last edited:
The first one looks ok, but the trailer is junk. The second one missing a leg but on a nice EOH trailer. Which one do you think is best? If anyone wants to do an epic road trip Youtube video of buying one and taking it across the country, getting her up and running again, I'm down! Are the D-4's good engines or dogs? F-Trudeau oh F-Harper for both of them letting good stuff like this sit.
The D4's are great engines. I have 2 of them in my Commander. D4-260. Mine are 2005 version. Add says boat commissioned in 2011 and has not been used for 10 years. The leg looks like new and if ok is probably worth $20K. If engine and leg are good $40K. Together they are about $80K new.
Just those 2 Nibral props are worth $7500 new.

Honestly the second boat looks like its never been used. The black water tank pipes are perfect. No mold.
The seats still have plastic on the arms and there are no water marks or gundge lines on the leg or hull. Zincs look brand new and no rust anywhere. Someone is going to get a great deal I think

FS570242-1191750.jpg
FS570337-1191344.jpg
FS570337-1191355.jpg

Honestly the second boat looks like its never been used. The black water tank pipes are perfect. No mold.
The seats still have plastic on the arms and there are no water marks or gundge lines on the leg or hull. Zincs look brand new and no rust anywhere. Someone is going to get a great deal I think

View attachment 86826
View attachment 86827
View attachment 86828
Just hazarding a guess here, but I would say that the 2 seats up front were made here in Campbell River. I have 2 identical ones in my tin boat for trout fishing. The frames were made by Daigle welding, aka Eaglecraft Boats. The cushions were then made over at Dave Tabish’s upholstery shop, Class A Interior I think it’s called. Absolutely first class products. I bought my 2 seats from them at least 10-12 years ago and paid in the neighborhood of $800 each at that time. Most comfortable seats in a trout boat tinny imaginable. Still looks new now. In fact, I am trying to find another one for when our Granddaughters join us fishing.

Wow looking at those photos has me quite interested, there’s a good chance that sat it’s whole life in a warehouse. Everything looks brand new.

My interest is tweaked as well, but my Ranger couldn’t pull that I don’t think. Only 3500pound towing never mind it’s 6000+ kms away!

My concern would be if they’ve been sitting there for 10 years —- wouldn’t they be a bathtub? Or do you think someone had the foresight to remove the drain plugs? Winters are quite harsh there.

Engines that sit un used like that could be worth very little. looks like they’re right next to the ocean and as someone else said nasty winters if all the oils in the pan and never get cycled they could have all kinds of problems. Cool boats but there’s some money to be spent getting them home and fixing things up.

Engines that sit un used like that could be worth very little. looks like they’re right next to the ocean and as someone else said nasty winters if all the oils in the pan and never get cycled they could have all kinds of problems. Cool boats but there’s some money to be spent getting them home and fixing things up.
Even if engines are damaged there is still a lot of money to be made parting them out. Will be interesting to see what they go for.
If they were in BC they would be worth a lot more

Even if engines are damaged there is still a lot of money to be made parting them out. Will be interesting to see what they go for.
If they were in BC they would be worth a lot more
Pretty centrally located there near lots of commercial fishermen and recreational boaters, so they should sell for a good price, but agreed not close to Hourston lovers on the West Coast.

A couple of used D-4 engines are available if someone has deep pockets and can't get the existing ones running looked like 25-15k USD is the going rate but how many HP are in these? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1311&_nkw=volvo+penta+d4+engine&_sacat=0

Pretty centrally located there near lots of commercial fishermen and recreational boaters, so they should sell for a good price, but agreed not close to Hourston lovers on the West Coast.

A couple of used D-4 engines are available if someone has deep pockets and can't get the existing ones running looked like 25-15k USD is the going rate but how many HP are in these? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1311&_nkw=volvo+penta+d4+engine&_sacat=0
The D4's come in 210, 225, 260, and 300HP. The 260 and 300 have Compressors and the 210 and 225 do not. The link you sent is for an inboard version and looks like includes transmission. Surprised it needed turbos and injectors at 1500 hours.

The D4's come in 210, 225, 260, and 300HP. The 260 and 300 have Compressors and the 210 and 225 do not. The link you sent is for an inboard version and looks like includes transmission. Surprised it needed turbos and injectors at 1500 hours.
Thank you! There are a few on eBay meant to send them all but regardless the project work needed to be done on these makes the 20 footer for sale by a member a great deal in IMHO

Back