Ukie to Victoria

Rum Buddies

got back from fishing from Ukie to Renfrew over 4 days and overall pretty damn slow.

Just 3 springs and 1 8lb coho to show for ukie area, effingham and cape beal.

Made it offshore about 5 miles from beal and starting heading east, eventually bumped into a ton of springs. We hooked up with 7 in about 1.5 hours with 5 to boat between 12-17lbs. We could have caught them until our arms got sore I'm sure but we had to keep moving east.

Jigged up a few big snapper but no halibut in that particular area.

We fishing Camper creek the following day pretty hard and although we marked many fish we didn't have a sniff.

All in all not bad considering we were travelling for good portions of the trip but pretty quiet on the inside from what I saw.

Hey Poppa swiss,
Im running up at the end of the month from Oak Bay nice 4 hour run in the Bertram. What kind of boat do you have?
Why did you go so early?
Its just starting, I go for the meat and potatoes, but early September is really awsome and everyone goes home after the long weekend.Some free info for you!
Tight Lines
have a great summer

we were running a commercial dive boat done, the fishing is just the nice bonus of the trip. I do agree its still early and seeing the numbers of fish offshore I'm sure it will be picking up inside soon.

Back