Ucluelet Squid

I wonder if they are jigging at night and dropping bright lights in the water or if they are jigging for them first thing in the morning?

heres an old link ,

( not an expert lol , just passin on the little solid info i know of )

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?1170-Jiggiing-up-squid/page2

mostly about timing , mid ta later summer
as Florencia ,
Cape Beale , Pachena entrance area , can be deadly ,
fishing them for springs , few guys at our dock did reasonably well the past few seasons , jigged up squid right in the nook at night !!
my uncle use ta fish them this way back in the 70's 80's , he rambles about it often , blast.....
seemed like i seen a boat or 2 tucked in there when runnin back to the beach past few summers , guessing thats what there doing...
, i prefer them in the fryer smothered in tzaziki sauce n lemon personally :)
gonna head out and give it a shot this summer , buddy was taken out by Kenny Myers this summer , sleighed em in SHORT order
gettin bored these days , ....keep ya posted

fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, we will be in Ucluelet the month of July so I thought we might as well try something new. I prefer them as food rather than bait as well.

Thanks for the info, we will be in Ucluelet the month of July.

So, as someone who drives back and fourth 4-6 times per summer, how do you make that work? It can take 2 tides (evening/morning) to limit on everything some weeks.

I have been coming to Ucluelet for 30 years and absolutely love the area, fishing is only a small part of our vacationing. I have many friends and family members that visit us during our summer vacations, at no times are the daily limits or possession limits broken. We are big into catch and release and generally only keep the fish that can not be released (gut / gill hooked or bleeding). A perfect day fishing for me is catching lots of fish coming back to the docks with nothing.

We do allot of cruising as well, we have a 35 foot boat that we fish from, not a fishing boat.

It is an awesome place. Sorry to come across as accusatory in the first place; just jealous I guess.

I am also very interested. Does anyone know if they can be caught in the Victoria to Sooke region.

Back