Ucluelet Accomodations

Slabby20

I've been going to either Bamfield or Tofino for many years but I've never stayed in Ucluelet. I want to schedule a trip to Ucluelet next July but I have no idea of where to stay or where to get moorage for my 21 footer. Can anyone give me some ideas?? If we can, we'd like to get something that will sleep 4 guys and has a kitchenette. Thanks in advance!!

Slabby

What's nice about IslandWest is they have a walk in freezer you can rent. Commercial ice is starting to get tough to get. Beer doesn't talk anymore. Only two places and they ain't walking distance. Bring your wheels. Fuel is no problem either.

if you moor you boat and/or stay at Island West's motel or lodge there's no charge for use of the walk-in freezer. You just bag & label your fish and drop them in the chute. They'll lock them away in the freezer until you're ready to leave. There are several good motels there as well.

You have a lot of options in Ucluelet.

There are many vacation rental condos and cabins with cooking facilities available in and around Ucluelet. Virtually all of them are a lot nicer than anything at Island West which is pretty basic accommodation. Just Google and you'll get pages of them at varying price points.

We typically tie up at the government run small craft harbour (right beside Canadian Princess) and have never had a problem getting a spot (although we've had to raft a couple of times). The cost is about half of what you'll pay at Island West.

http://www.salmonboats.ca/fishing-boats-for-rent/ - Premium North River and Boston Whaler Rental Fishing Boats

The Island West Charlie remembers is very much a thing of the past. It has gone into receivership 2 or 3 times over the past few years, and their service has suffered immensely. I won't even wander in there for a beer anymore, their food downright SUCKS, and their overall attitude is poor. I certainly do NOT recommend any of my clients stay there any more!

As the preceeding post suggests, there are a LOT of options. The Boat Basin is cheaper, and very safe. I'd look into the many B&B shows in Ukee, they are the Ticket! [^]

Cheers,
Nog

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

The Island West Charlie remembers is very much a thing of the past. It has gone into receivership 2 or 3 times over the past few years, and their service has suffered immensely. I won't even wander in there for a beer anymore, their food downright SUCKS, and their overall attitude is poor. I certainly do NOT recommend any of my clients stay there any more!

As the preceeding post suggests, there are a LOT of options. The Boat Basin is cheaper, and very safe. I'd look into the many B&B shows in Ukee, they are the Ticket! [^]

Cheers,
Nog
WOW! I am sorry to hear that! :(

Like I said, I have spend many a night there! It was well within standards and the food was good? I do admit, it's been awhile since I stayed at the marina and I did not eat at "Eagles's Nest" last year. Also, the last three years, I have just stayed at the Government dock or on the buoys, without any issues! And, one night I did opt for the buoys as the dock was crowded. But since I am self contained, that was only my preference to rafting.

Not even a "beer", eh?

Back