Two Vintage Fly Reels

lazoman

Going through a couple tackle boxes from a friend's dad and found these two old fly reels. One is a Pflueger SAL-TROUT 1554, circa 1965, needs some tlc and grease, the other is a RODDY 320, Japanese Hardy knockoff. Come pick up both, FREE, or trade WHY.

Going through a couple tackle boxes from a friend's dad and found these two old fly reels. One is a Pflueger SAL-TROUT 1554, circa 1965, needs some tlc and grease, the other is a RODDY 320, Japanese Hardy knockoff. Come pick up both, FREE, or trade WHY.

Hi Lazoman
I have the one on the left. It was my grandfathers. I use it all the time. I found it in an old collapse shed on my grandma’s property years ago. My grandfather ran a fish camp at little river when my mom was young. He unfortunately passed away when she was in high school so I never got to meet him. I fixed the reel up and have been using it for the past 15 years or so, it is a little out of round but I can usually get it back. There were some old cane rods in the shed but they were too far gone to salvage. I would love to have that one if you are willing to part with it. My son who is eight would like to try fly fishing and it would great to get him one like mine. He also loves the vintage stuff. One of the vintage lure resellers down in Victoria gave him a really old fishing lure at a swap meet and told him to start collecting so now he is really interested in the old stuff. Not sure what I have that you would like to trade for any suggestions?
Thanks
Angus

Hi Lazoman
I have the one on the left. It was my grandfathers. I use it all the time. I found it in an old collapse shed on my grandma’s property years ago. My grandfather ran a fish camp at little river when my mom was young. He unfortunately passed away when she was in high school so I never got to meet him. I fixed the reel up and have been using it for the past 15 years or so, it is a little out of round but I can usually get it back. There were some old cane rods in the shed but they were too far gone to salvage. I would love to have that one if you are willing to part with it. My son who is eight would like to try fly fishing and it would great to get him one like mine. He also loves the vintage stuff. One of the vintage lure resellers down in Victoria gave him a really old fishing lure at a swap meet and told him to start collecting so now he is really interested in the old stuff. Not sure what I have that you would like to trade for any suggestions?
Thanks
Angus

Hi Angus,

If you are up in the Comox Vallley anytime, just get in touch and you are welcome to the Pflueger, or both if you'd like. The Roddy is in pretty decent shape and works well too, not sure the year on that one, but I see they are very popular and still in use. I likely can dig up some other oldies for your son if he's keen !

LM

5BF75391-B6CA-4CE5-BA8C-E8342CC7B08F-1250-0000012C7EFB8195_zpsbd2a78f6.jpg

Found this to add to the birthday gift.

Back