Two down riggers....or three

I have 3 scotty electrics on the back and i find the middle rigger catches more fish than the outside two and it tracks perfectly straight behind the boat. Actually if I am out by myself and in a strong current i will put down just the middle rigger.

Wow kudos to the 16 DE guys that posted. I have the same boat and that would be insane to have that much gear in such a short beam.... I don't know how you mount that third rigger I barely have the room. I often see guys out solo fishing three riggers again how the **** do you do that alone? Very special skills I guess. When I am alone one down rigger. I have lost so many big fish running two too me its not worth it.

hahaha im with yah!I can barely keep my stuff together with 2 in some currents!

I am rigging my 26' Skipjack for sox/tuna from George Poveromo rigger system (8 rods) designed for shallow fishing. I have 2 X 16' outriggers with 2 halyards ea and 2 rods stacked on ea downrigger. Anyone tried this system, pros/cons?

So long as they are not all at the same depth. I saw a diagram in a fishing book of how to fish 3 lines from one boat. The diagram stressed the need of at least one line (on the side with 2 lines) to be deeper or shallower.

Back