Tuna report from the East Coast of Canada

wonder what happens to the meat ?? i think its worth huge coin?? maybe you pay to catch the fish but the fishermen sell it???????which would be fine except id like to buy 20 lbs !!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i guess they wouldn't ruin the fish just to cut a big slab off for me - they must butcher the odd one though- yuuumm

Awesome does not even begin to describe those pictures. That f*cking guy is living the dream.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I am sure that fish ended up in the tokyo fishmarket and sold for well over 100 grand.
icon_exclaim.gif

53871d1211577522_tight.gif

We will definitely be visiting some friends who moved to Halifax next year.
icon14.png

Is that your ex holmsey. No wonder she left you you post *****.:p;)

Heard DFO was thinking about setting up a Recreational Fishery on the east coast of Canada.
It was in some DFO document that was released to the Cohen Commission.
How would that effect who owns the fish on a charter?
Don't know much about the east coast fishery and if anyone can clue me in, thanks.
GLG

Is that your ex holmsey. No wonder she left you you post *****.

Good to see you testing the waters with the Black and Red style sig line Millertime:cool:. (I still can't get over these smilies......they are creepy IMHO lol).

Ok here it is. It’s on page 9 or 11 depending on how you read the page numbers.
It’s under Atlantic Marine Recreational Fishing License.
Undertake consultation on a marine recreational fishing license for Atlantic Canada and Quebec.

http://www.cohencommission.ca/DownloadExhibit.php?ExhibitID=2095

[FONT=&quot]GLG[/FONT]

do u mean section 1.1 GLG? integrated fisheries resource management?.....holmes*

Yup

Doing some more reading and it looks like DFO is tiring to get a handle on overfishing.
Seems we could help them with that.

yes those fish are worth large coin and yes the captain does keep the fish, and yes he sells it, sometimes it takes a lot of days of skunks in order to find them, its the fite of your life, they also use kites as part of their rigging aparatus believe it or not, i saw a fishing show recently where they caught one about that size in the same area, i have family that lives out there and this is part of what they do, i havent been out there since i was a little kid so i cant remember all the details, but it sure is a rush, there was also another guy i read about that fishes for them from a kayak in the atlantic further south tho in the states, crazy crazy crazy..:eek::eek::cool:....holmes*

I was under the impression that the East Coast Giant fishery is mostly catch and release. Each licensed boat is allowed to keep only 1 or 2 tuna a year.

I was under the impression that the East Coast Giant fishery is mostly catch and release. Each licensed boat is allowed to keep only 1 or 2 tuna a year.

I'm under the same impression but if they get the kind of dollars the Japanese will pay for those 1 or 2 fish it's a nice income along side their other fishing activities or other job etc.

Back