Trucker Seats Bostrom Wide Ride HiPro Air Ride Suspension.

Birdsnest

I finally bit the bullet on some new air suspension seats for the boat. I only have one seat in but I had a chance to run it off shore this weekend on a surf trip that had all varieties of chop and swell.

The beauty of these seats is the air suspension and the push button adjustability. In slight chop I soften the ride by letting air out of the bag. When it gets rougher just Touch a button and firm the suspension up. The advantage of this easy adjustment is what makes this seat so nice and makes it easy for riders of different weights.

The seats come with 2 adjustable lumbar supports but they don't seem to be all that great or noticeable.

The suspension comes with one shock that is adjustable and is one one side of the suspension. When I jumped and landed on the seat I could feel it torquing slightly to the side due to the resistance of the shock on one side so I ordered a second shock. There is structure for a second shock so this should balance it out. The adjustable shock cost $450! To rich for my blood so I got a normal shock for $69, besides I found that the only setting on the adjustable shock that was nice was the high resistance setting which is likely what the normal shock is set at.

These seats do not bottom out and give a fantastic ride. Over all I pretty happy with them.

I found this air pump for less than other truck air bag pumps:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CFO05E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I Did not use the gauge but there is some useful airline hardware on the back of the gauge that I did use.
I added this pressure switch: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003EOCHF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Overall I am ecstatic about the performance of these seats. We will be beating the **** out of them so the question remains, how long will they last.
If I was going to do it again I would certainly get the Hipro suspensions but maybe not the wide ride chair. The are a little over the to deluxe for what I do.

Back