Truck Part Prices Crazy

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Just thought I would share, I have been doing quite a few truck upgrades lately and have been very frustrated by Lordco Prices.

Just this morning I was quoted $1400 for a front wheel bearing assembly for my F350 which included my 30% Discount. Ended up ordering the Exact same part number/brand from Amazon.ca for $319 with free two day shipping.

Does Lordco think people are stupid, I don't understand how they can be price gouging like that and expect to in business in the long run. In the past I have been happy customer at Lordco but online it is for me going forward.

CPM

Lordco lol. I cancelled my business account with them and refuse to shop there anymore. The old guy at our local store was an awesome manager and would go above and beyond. New management seems like they could care less. Same product I’ve been buying for years suddenly went up over 15% under new management and then they drop the ball when you do order it anyways. Not once, not twice but more than a half dozen times over a year. I’m out on that business.

Lordco's always been a mystery to me. I use a corporate account, but the discount is variable depending upon the item, so you've gotta do your price research before you deal with one of the counter guys to even find out a price. At that point you may as well just order online anyway.

They do have good hours though, when you need something on short notice or a Sunday.

Also, I recently learned that they don't seem to discount engine oils. The jug of 5w-30 synthetic I asked about had no discount available.

Lordco was pretty convenient for some high pressure fuel hose when I couldn't find the custom boat speedo tubing anywhere. It is amazing what Americans can do when it comes to pricing stuff. Local ford costs $1500 for part I need and a bunch of stuff housing the part, that I didn't need, Rock Auto had just part I needed for $99-150 with several options and it was a great experience https://www.rockauto.com

Lordco was pretty convenient for some high pressure fuel hose when I couldn't find the custom boat speedo tubing anywhere. It is amazing what Americans can do when it comes to pricing stuff. Local ford costs $1500 for part I need and a bunch of stuff housing the part, that I didn't need, Rock Auto had just part I needed for $99-150 with several options and it was a great experience https://www.rockauto.com

Does Rock Auto carry Ford/motorcraft parts? Or are they made by other brands? I've seen some third-party auto parts that are not up to the same quality controls as OEM, but I also recognize that the OEMs are having parts made by other suppliers. Hard to know if you're getting a good quality part until you can actually see it (sometimes hard to know even once you see it...)

Lordco is only good when you need a part ASAP. Otherwise they are garbage. I usually order on rock auto but they suck for shipping over the border. Can’t wait for the border to open up. Rock auto has the best prices and so easy to compare different brands and quality of each product

1500 they wanted for a rebuilt jeep steering box. Ordered one from the states 500 all in including 100 to mail.

Does Rock Auto carry Ford/motorcraft parts? Or are they made by other brands? I've seen some third-party auto parts that are not up to the same quality controls as OEM, but I also recognize that the OEMs are having parts made by other suppliers. Hard to know if you're getting a good quality part until you can actually see it (sometimes hard to know even once you see it...)
No, Ford sells a huge DEF assembly. Rock Auto sold me a Boshce. Tough to find good ford eom supplier online, if you do please share.

Ya like previously stated do your research on price before calling them. Amazon and rock auto is where i get the majority of my parts now. i will still call lordco and ask if they can come close or match the other prices, a few times they have, other times they wont even check. Depends who your talking to. It never ceases to amaze me how much more we pay for stuff especially auto parts in canada compared to the us, typically double the price.

115.00 bucks for an air filter from Lordco, I ordered the same AC Delco filter from Amazon for 60.00 and it was at my door in two days.

I want to support local shops but I draw the line at being blatantly ripped off. I'm not paying OEM/Dealer prices for low end aftermarket and reman junk.

Lordco is just brutal. I think there business model has shifted to don’t give a fack about joe blow. They support the auto shops who don’t really care about pricing since they are just passing it along anyway. last straw for me was tie rods, ordered them in and the manager sold them to a shop before I picked them up after work.

Need parts now, on a Sunday, yeah Lordco looks pretty good. You can finish the job and be at work on Monday. All those stores and staff and inventory costs money so it's understandable they're more expensive. They're the auto parts equivalent of a convenience store. Same balance of price vs convenience vs service.

In my area I've been getting a better experience and somewhat better pricing from Bumper To Bumper. YMMV.

If you need parts in Victoria ASAP I highly recommend key2. Right next door to lordco. Sure it’s not all fancy and **** inside…..its maybe even a bit of a dump compared lordco but a rad fan assembly for my mustang was less than half that of lordco and the service is great. Give them a try, good local small place https://key2auto.ca/

On another note. I needed a water pump for my 6.7 and key2 was cheaper but no one could match Napa’s lifetime warrantee on a napa water pump (made by gates). So a guys gotta do a bit of homework.

I recently bought rotors and pads for my Ford Explorer from Canadian outfit called TDot Performance. They were cheaper than RA when I factored the Border charges (unknown) in.

I recently bought rotors and pads for my Ford Explorer from Canadian outfit called TDot Performance. They were cheaper than RA when I factored the Border charges (unknown) in.

Tdotperformance is pretty decent. I've used them a few times without an issue. Rockauto includes the customs and duty in the shipping cost, I've never paid more than what's charged at check out.

Back