Trollmaster Pro 3

sir-vivor

Hi all,
Looking to hear from those of u , who are currently using the Trollmaster Pro 3 on your kickers. Or if you have used this model in the past. Good or Bad but please to comparisons to
the Itroll. as I'm not interested in that unit due to availability.
Thanks

20210909_205740.jpg here is a pic of the unit I'm interested in hearing your experiences ( use, service, parts, reliability , pros/cons ...ect

I went through 2 of the wireless ones in a month…… so I made them send me the wired one and no issues in 2 years. They were super easy to deal with and quick turnaround.

The first receiver unit packed it in after 2 years but they sent me a new unit for free right away. That has worked well for this season now. Its the wireless model. I would miss it if I didn't have it anymore.

Works amazing until it doesn't remote is a piece of ****. Warranty is not long enough. I have a real problem with that. Remotes are 400 bucks. Fyi

My remote started showing up in Chinese for a while maybe about 3 months in. Then was hit or miss if the thing would work or not. Doesn't turn on after less than a year. Never been wet or dropped. I'm a dealer too. They either need to get their acts together or it will be like panther steering products. I'll just stop selling the crap

I am over both those ***** companies, Auto is the only way to go. Reputable manufacturers making a far better more reliable product.

Auto is nice but push button steering and that engine control is hard to beat. Especially when I have a boat full of newbs. Just wish they would make a proper remote.

Auto is nice but push button steering and that engine control is hard to beat. Especially when I have a boat full of newbs. Just wish they would make a proper remote.
I have push button steering on the quality built remote around my neck.

Yeah nice. Not universal however

Troll.aster just needs to make a remote that works and one that's rechargeable. My 2 c

Yeah nice. Not universal however

Troll.aster just needs to make a remote that works and one that's rechargeable. My 2 c
no, but I was answering your question, you said auto is nice but push button steering is as well, I was replying to that. I would not waste money on those products anymore, I learned my lesson, good idea, cheap components. IMO

Your absolutely right. I'm going to look into this. Looks like you just made me spend another couple lol. @RevyG

I have intellesteer remote for steering for 8 years and its WORKED FLAWLESSLY!
Me post was more to deal with the Trollmasters Pro 3s throttle control , so if possible could the responses be limited to that (sorry I should have mentioned that earlier forgot it had steering as well) .
Trying to decide on the trollmaster or itroll and it's kinda up in the air right now, hear the Trollmasters Pro 3 not reliable and the Itroll does not have remote , hmmmm

Your absolutely right. I'm going to look into this. Looks like you just made me spend another couple lol. @RevyG
If you already have a rear station simrad or Lowrance screen you can control the steering right from the screen, saving a few pesos. My cockpit isn't big enough that I need the remote but it would be nice. Trollmast throttle control is in my garage waiting for an install.

I would have to get the stand alone Simrad auto controller with the processor and the compass. No ******* way I'm ditching my Furuno system.

Basically spend 2gs up to 3 on having that system. :/

Why the he'll not

I have used the TM Pro3 for about 6 yrs. Few times over the years it’s glitched out on the lcd screen but turned it off and on and was fine. Batteries only last a 3-4 days with heavy use and the remote is a little big and awkward so I leave it tucked in my shirt and take the batteries out in the off season. The receiver is mounted in 1 of the battery compartments at the transom behind 1/4 inch aluminium plate and works fine. Servo is a easy install and comes with a instruction vid.
With this unit you will get precise rpms. I like the button feature that allows you to go to idle down when you have a fish on then push the idle up button when your ready to troll again and it takes you back to the setting you just had, no messing around trying to get your speed dialed in again after landing a fish.
I purchased my kit from boatownersworld.com around $250 us

I have used the TM Pro3 for about 6 yrs. Few times over the years it’s glitched out on the lcd screen but turned it off and on and was fine. Batteries only last a 3-4 days with heavy use and the remote is a little big and awkward so I leave it tucked in my shirt and take the batteries out in the off season. The receiver is mounted in 1 of the battery compartments at the transom behind 1/4 inch aluminium plate and works fine. Servo is a easy install and comes with a instruction vid.
With this unit you will get precise rpms. I like the button feature that allows you to go to idle down when you have a fish on then push the idle up button when your ready to troll again and it takes you back to the setting you just had, no messing around trying to get your speed dialed in again after landing a fish.
I purchased my kit from boatownersworld.com around $250 us
Thanks, just one question if you could respond.
When u throttle up , are the RPMS increased gradually or rapidly. A video by ITROLL makes a statement that its quick and could damage the engine, have u you ever experience that ?

Back