Transient Orcas Massacre on Hornby...

Osama Bin Hopper

SEALS!!!

My deckhands father works for the Coast Guard and a couple of his colleagues witness a group of over a dozen orcas wipe out countless numbers of seals on one of the beaches over the weekend.

Sure hope they hang aroung for a while. They gots plenty'a good eats cummin at'em if so.

Could we hire those orcas to work for awhile around Nanaimo/Ladysmith/Porlier Pass, then a few weeks in Barkley Sound/Alberni Inlet?

Meals will be provided (that is, if they don't mind eating lots of fresh, fat seals) :D

Kinda like the Calvary showin up at the last minute to save the day.Gotta love those Westerns.

At some point you gotta figure that the Orcas would figure out that the Georgia Straight is an all you can eat buffett. I figure that the seals in the Straight have to be easier pickings based on numbers and lack of recent predation.

Let's hope the show continues!:D

Yea.
Finally they figured out where the snacks are.
Are they still there or have they moved on??

I imagine if it wasn't for all the boat traffic they would become 'residents' of the Strait for a while. At least until the fast food restaurant ran out of freebies[8D]

Anyone else see these heros recently? I am sure a bunch of us on the Forum could use a few more stories.

A pod came through Sansum narrows last weekend and you should have seen the seals piled up on Burial island. Hear they grabbed a couple of seals in Cowichan.Another group came through the next day. A lot of jerks getting too close and harrassinig them. Let's leave them alone at dinner time !!

Nice to see the food chain working!! Now that summer is ending boat traffic will continue to drop. I always stop to watch them as I'm fascinated by orcas. I make it a point to stay far back. I don't get half as close as the whale watchers.

sweet....i'd pay to see that. it would be nice if we got more transient orcas spending serious time in the gulf. esp. off the puntledge and campbell rivers....

could use a few more off the west coast too! especially if "California" is their favourite flavour :D
kat

Back