Trailer wheel rims

Installed nice white trailer tire rims, 2 years ago, to pretty up boat trailer look. Getting some rust showing through now. Looks like a remove and re finish job. Any advice on type of paint or finish to use??

black rims

Black Tremclad on steel rims a dusting of wheel bearing grease some road dust don't wash just rinse and spray Rustcheck on them at the end of the season.
Terry

Some quality spray paint because its easily touched up. There is no use trying to find or apply a "forever" finish, it just never holds up to the elements of rock chips and salt water dunks. If you see some rust break out the wire wheel and spray. I consider this part of the process when servicing the brakes and bearing.

I would use por15 in clear then top it with white tremclad for a bullet proof finish, it must be topcoated though as it has no uv protection.

Hi Steely.. You mean coat entire rim with por15, then coat rim with tremclad white and then a clear topcoat? Or is tremclad the topcoat for the por 15??

Right, por15 comes in a clear as an alternative to black. Basecoat with por15 then topcoat with tremclad. Or you could epoxy primer but my experience shows that por15 is superior to epoxy primer. (my custom bumpers I built peeled in 1 season in northern AB with epoxy primer)

Back