Trailer lights @ Princess auto

scott craven

In case anyone is interested, Princess auto have 12v submersible lights, up to 80" wide
25' of cable for $19.99 regularly $49.99
I think it's only till the weekend ?
I rewired my trailer for $20, such a deal ! :D

I don't. I have LED trailer lights which came with the trailer when I bought it new in 09. With that said, I am having troubles with the lights, only working sometimes......lol

I have found that the led lights designed for boat trailers are, for the most part, not waterproof as they seem to all have a hole in the housing to pass the wire(s) through. I now use those designed for semi trailers, they are completely sealed ( waterproof) and use a sealable plug. I no longer unplug the lights to launch or retrieve and have been so doing for 5 years on the same units.

Always unplug. I've use LED's three years now and not one issue. The old incandescent had to be replaced yearly,

better to unplug...wait to launch...after a long run the old bulbs can get hot; same with the trailer bearings.
I bought those P.A lights; to short, ended up lengthening the wires,nevertheless the bulbs were dim.

Since I went to LED lights I've had no problems and rarely unplug.

Like others have said the old style were a constant fuss. I think even if you unplug them the bulbs are hot and can blow when you dip the trailer.

LEDs of course run much cooler, so, should not experience the old school lighting problem around filaments breaking when exposed to the cold.

Back