Trade flooring installations for a fishing trip

C

coho_killer

As the title says i am a flooring installer by trade(10 years) and i got the go ahead to try this so if anyone needs any flooring done that would wish to trade for a fishing trip straight up no cash involved u supply the materials i'll supply my skills, i do carpet, lino, laminate removal of carpet and lino, laminate plus install laminate on stairs anyone intrested please call 604-318-1207 or email me at drift_fisher@hotmail.com thanks

oh and it doesn't matter if it's on the island or mainland or anywhere near merrit/kamloops!

If I was living near by this would be a perfect way of doing things!

IMG_1445.jpg

It is a 30' coastal cruiser by Wolfboats.

IMG_1445.jpg

Keep me in the loop too. My wife is pushing for laminated in the upstairs halls. I have NO idea how to do it, so later in the year we should talk.

Cheers
CL

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Keep me in the loop too. My wife is pushing for laminated in the upstairs halls. I have NO idea how to do it, so later in the year we should talk.

Cheers
CL

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

My advice on the laminated stuff:

DON'T

I have it in my place, my buddy has it in his place and his suite, the edges like to lift if it even THINKS there is moisture in the same country as you. There are real hardwood/engineered woods that are dang close in price.

Oops, sorry about the edit, hit the wrong button, still getting used to my new super powers..

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

DON'T

I have it in my place, my buddy has it in his place and his suite, the edges like to lift if it even THINKS there is moisture in the same country as you. There are real hardwood/engineered woods that are dang close in price.

Oops, sorry about the edit, hit the wrong button, still getting used to my new super powers..

www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

DON'T

www.swiftsurebank.com

Any moisture at all is no friend of any wood weather it be hardwood or laminate thats why befor you install any wood be sure if there are any moisture problems you get them dealt with asap befor any wood gets put on the floor! or your left with nothing but problems!

CK

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

DON'T

www.swiftsurebank.com

Any moisture at all is no friend of any wood weather it be hardwood or laminate thats why befor you install any wood be sure if there are any moisture problems you get them dealt with asap befor any wood gets put on the floor! or your left with nothing but problems!

CK

What a great idea, having a barter system setup on here.....

My advice after installing acres upon acres of solid-wood nail-down hardwood flooring, as well as laminate of all shapes and sizes:

"You get what you pay for"

This doesn't mean that solid hardwood is any better or advantageous over laminate. My advice is; if you are leaning towards laminate, which most homeowners are these days, be aware that there are many grades/thicknesses of laminate and you should be wary of the 99 cent specials. For any area of high traffic or visibility, stick to the heavier material which will standup better to uneven subflooring, moisture etc. I prefer a laminate with a very small beveled edge instead of a smooth flush finish.

I'm sure Coho-Killer will agree with some of this, and steer you on the right track. Good luck CK.

My advice after installing acres upon acres of solid-wood nail-down hardwood flooring, as well as laminate of all shapes and sizes:

This doesn't mean that solid hardwood is any better or advantageous over laminate. My advice is; if you are leaning towards laminate, which most homeowners are these days, be aware that there are many grades/thicknesses of laminate and you should be wary of the 99 cent specials. For any area of high traffic or visibility, stick to the heavier material which will standup better to uneven subflooring, moisture etc. I prefer a laminate with a very small beveled edge instead of a smooth flush finish.

I'm sure Coho-Killer will agree with some of this, and steer you on the right track. Good luck CK.

quote:Originally posted by lazoman

That is true you do get what you pay for period! There are a few laminate company's my fave is SHAW! i've installed house after house of the cheaper 99 cent laminate and some looks good and others not so good! Shaw i have never had a problem with but there laminate is a lil pricy! Now they have soundproof underpad for laminate that costs almost as much as the laminate itself! Its all about prefence IMO!

CK

quote:Originally posted by lazoman

That is true you do get what you pay for period! There are a few laminate company's my fave is SHAW! i've installed house after house of the cheaper 99 cent laminate and some looks good and others not so good! Shaw i have never had a problem with but there laminate is a lil pricy! Now they have soundproof underpad for laminate that costs almost as much as the laminate itself! Its all about prefence IMO!

CK

hardwood in stairs is very time consuming and yes i do hardwood on stairs 2 ways to install reall hardwood on stairs by using staples or gluing directly to the stair itself! can be done by me just takes a bit of time! have dome it in the past both ways and worked great!

CK

sorry if i haven't replyed to any emails i have recieved i just finished cleaning out my computer from a nasty virus (gone now) i will reply to anyone who may have emailed me during my absence! this offewr still available till i get sick of fishing but cant ever see that happening!

CK

Back