Tr-1 Gold autopilot

I have this exact same problem, did you ever come up with a solution that worked? Did you end up using the Nomad device?

Rayvon had the Tr1 you might try to contact him to see if its resolved.
I went with the new style reactor 40 kicker autopilot.

I gave up trying to get the Noland expander to work,waste of $250 I think. I have the Tr1 connected directly to my Garmin chartplotter but it doesn't follow a route accurately at all. I've pretty much stopped trolling now anyway's, I'm a full time jigger if the tides and weather cooperate in the summer. If the tides are running or wind is up I'll pull out the downriggers and use the TR1 with the remote,works fine for that. If the wind is over 10 mph or so the TR1 struggles to keep a heading and I troll with my big motor,doesn't happen often because I pick the best days to go out,retired.

Ray..I went with a true autopilot years ago..one that steers both the main and the kicker together. It will keep a straight heading in any wind..it can steer straighter than I can. I only use it in windy conditions to hold a heading while I check and clean gear. Allows me to get it done without having to keep going to the wheel to correct my heading. That Comnav unit is over 25 years old and still works as new.

Rollie, the reason I went with the TR1 is the main and kicker don't line up on my transom ,the kicker is too far back to have a connecting bar with out putting a big extension piece on the back of the main.That's why it falls off course in the wind,it only turns the kicker,not the main.I think if I was to do it again I'd probably go with one of the cheaper options out there like "Panther". Your system would be ideal,but I'm not heading out on sketchy days anymore and I've gone to the Dark Side (Jigging). I think because the TR1 doesn't integrate properly with the chart plotter it should be called a heading follower, not an Autopilot. Hopefully the newer model they've come up with works better than mine.

I got rid of the metal tie bar and went with hydraulic cylinders on both engines with an isolating valve. When I'm running on the main only it turns. When I get to where I'm going to fish I turn the valve and now both engines turn. No rattles, no reaching over the transom to connect a bar and full side to side helm in both directions. As far as working with a chart plotter that might work ok with some units in the winter months when you are off the beach following relatively vague contour lines and no major bottom structure. I don't think any work well enough for close to shore fishing. You would be compensating all the time for other boats in your way so why bother...just steer it yourself. I just use it to check gear and let it take over the wheel while I get that done quickly.

I have a TR1 that is almost new. Only used 6 months I think and came from an insurance claim when someone stole my kicker.
Don't have the hydraulic ram as that went with the motor but it is specific to the brand motor you are using. Maybe they are still available.
I'll have a look at in in a few days and might let it go fairly cheap if someone wants to give it a go.
I had it on my 26' SeaSport. 8000 boat with a Yamaha 9.8 HT and it would hold course straight as an arrow in wind or tide.

Hi there,
Are you still interested in selling your TR1 autopilot ?

I have the Nautamatic TR1 (2004 i believe) and need a part. My throttle adapter block for yammy 9.9 kicker has broken in two. Anybody have any spare parts or know where I could get one.

If the collar broke off like most of them do. I would move it to a dry location and put a little lit oil down the button to free it up. That’s what we had to do with ours.

Back